Are people really no longer wearing their Chanel bags because others (mostly strangers) stare at them and whisper?

Every time I see this post pop up I ask myself "do people REALLY stare and whisper?!" lol
I've never experienced it, I can't even picture it.

Honestly, I feel it reads that people think they're the main character in a movie. My experience in a large, populous city where I walk everywhere is, if no one is stopping to whisper at a clearly mentally unwell individual yelling at everyone, they're not going to stop for your designer bag. Even the old man in my neighborhood who runs in a thong in winter gets a stare or two before people move on.

The only time I've honestly seen strangers stare and whisper is because someone was very attractive or a celebrity. 99.9% of the time its the people who know you that make judgments. The people who are jealous though will nitpick regardless of whether you wear designer or not.

The only time i had a negative reaction from strangers was when I was browsing womens shoes at NM holding my mom's Chanel and the NM associates around me were talking loudly about how saturated Chanel is and how everyone seems like they own one. It was quite odd, rude and unprofessional. I was planning to buy a pair of Dior shoes from NM but will be taking my business elsewhere.

Every time I see this post pop up I ask myself "do people REALLY stare and whisper?!" lol
I've never experienced it, I can't even picture it.
Ditto. I’ve been carrying high end highly recognizable handbags since the 80’s. I use them every day. I’ve lived in big cities and small towns. Never heard one comment. Ever.

I've had a couple of strange experiences. Once, I caught someone trying to take a photo of me with her smartphone. Another time, a lady followed me briefly in a store, almost touching me with her shopping cart. But the vast majority of time, nobody seems to pay any mind. I'm more comfortable with seasonal bags as i think they're less recognizable.

I've never experienced that with Chanel. My Hermes bags get way more attention than Chanel.
Ditto. I’ve been using Chanel bags since the 80’s and have never gotten a comment or stare, ever. But I was in a post office with a Birkin on my arm and the woman behind me said, ‘OMG is that a Birkin’ and had her hands on my bag in a second. I was speechless. Some people have no boundaries.

Isn’t it condescending and giving savior complex when someone publicly announces in their YouTube video that they are going to stop wearing Chanel because they don’t want other people to feel bad?

I agree so much. I have the same vibe when people think a 9k bag was okay to buy and wear but a 10k is stupid to even own and deserves judgment. So obnoxious. No one is caring or looking that much at what people own. And if they are feeling bad or judging for a 10k bag, they definitly were already doing it for a bag that cost more than 1k. All those posts about wearing luxury items everytime there's a price increasing feel a bit much dramatic and attention seeking to me.

Isn’t it condescending and giving savior complex when someone publicly announces in their YouTube video that they are going to stop wearing Chanel because they don’t want other people to feel bad?
I agree so much. I have the same vibe when people think a 9k bag was okay to buy and wear but a 10k is stupid to even own and deserves judgment. So obnoxious. No one is caring or looking that much at what people own. And if they are feeling bad or judging for a 10k bag, they definitly were already doing it for a bag that cost more than 1k. All those posts about wearing luxury items everytime there's a price increasing feel a bit much dramatic and attention seeking to me.
It is. Can’t live life worrying about everyone else