Are other people critical of your Louis splurges?

Hmm. Do you suffer from an (LV) addiction? How many pieces do you have, If I may ask?

I don't get why you need to hide your bag. If you are a responsible working individual who earns your keep and not freeloading then who cares?!?!

Um. I get the hiding. I had to hide my bags when I had someone living with because I kept getting asked if I could pay something for the person staying with me since I "obviously could afford to loan her some money" so she didn't have to pawn something. Of course since it was my house I pulled the "oh. I'm sorry you have to pawn you personal possessions to have money to pay your cell phone bill! Have you thought of getting one of those go phones so you can pay as you go instead? Do you need a ride to the Coach outlet to return the bags, watch and shoes you bought?" I hid my bags and two weeks later she was out of my house.:smile:

Last edited:
When my boyfriend and I first met, he couldn't believe how much money I spent on purses, shoes, and clothes. I always thought I was a pretty careful spender until I met him. It took years, but he finally got used to it. I like to buy stuff to wear and he likes to buy things for sports, adventures, and vacations. He owns multiple guns, a kayak, snowboards, tennis rackets, camping gear, etc. It adds up.

Now we "consult" with each other before making big purchases. I might own a few more LV's if we did not consult with each other. His friends and family are obviously into the same things as he is so they don't really understand my LV addiction either.

When my boyfriend and I first met, he couldn't believe how much money I spent on purses, shoes, and clothes. I always thought I was a pretty careful spender until I met him. It took years, but he finally got used to it. I like to buy stuff to wear and he likes to buy things for sports, adventures, and vacations. He owns multiple guns, a kayak, snowboards, tennis rackets, camping gear, etc. It adds up.

Now we "consult" with each other before making big purchases. I might own a few more LV's if we did not consult with each other. His friends and family are obviously into the same things as he is so they don't really understand my LV addiction either.

Good. You can come visit. My other half's friends and family don't get it either. They like to camp and fish and all that too. I like my bags, drinks and a hammock:smile:

I hear it all the time at work - "gee, do you have one for everyday of the week" or "who buys that for you" or "is that a brand new one?" Annoying, but that doesnt stop me from carrying one to work. What am I supposed to do, use a grocery bag for work and only use LV on the weekends? I think not. Life is too short. You're not robbing a bank or borrowing money from them to buy your bags. Who cares what people think.

I hear it all the time at work - "gee, do you have one for everyday of the week" or "who buys that for you" or "is that a brand new one?" Annoying, but that doesnt stop me from carrying one to work. What am I supposed to do, use a grocery bag for work and only use LV on the weekends? I think not. Life is too short. You're not robbing a bank or borrowing money from them to buy your bags. Who cares what people think.

We work at the same place! Who knew!!! Do you get the "another fake bag" comments too???? Or my favorite "you must live at home"????

We work at the same place! Who knew!!! Do you get the "another fake bag" comments too???? Or my favorite "you must live at home"????

Lol. Are you serious on the "you must live at home" comment? That's ridiculous. Lol. Yeah, my fav is the girl (with the implants) who said she wouldn't get one cuz it's pretentious. Hey man, I'll wear mine on my shoulder and you wear yours on your chest. Aint no big deal. Again, life is too short. :biggrin:

Lol. Are you serious on the "you must live at home" comment? That's ridiculous. Lol. Yeah, my fav is the girl (with the implants) who said she wouldn't get one cuz it's pretentious. Hey man, I'll wear mine on my shoulder and you wear yours on your chest. Aint no big deal. Again, life is too short. :biggrin:

Love you! I laughed so hard I woke the dog up! My old boss had implants and told me should couldn't afford a louie. I asked her why not since her implants had to be over 8000.00. I almost dropped dead when she told me she was paying off her implants. I was like you financed implants? I can't. I just can't. So yeah I got the "you must live at home comment" Monday and after spending Sunday in The doggy emergency room i responded to the comment with my "Yes. I live in my home. " Then I got "no. I mean you must live with your parents oh never mind" and she stormed off. Lol I didn't even say anything sideways! My colleague is so dumb. She pays 850.00 a month to LEASE yes LEASE a car. How is that even possible! She hasn't talked to me since thank GOD!

You know if the people that make these type of remarks focused half there energy on themselves and their own business this world would be a better place. Life is short! So short!

My boss would get super sensitive if I said anything back to him and I just have to listen to him tell me how stupid it is

Um. You either need a new job or to put the boss in check. You work for your paycheck and if it is not work related he or she is out of line with comments about what you wear/bag or anything about your personal life. My current boss used to make editorial comments and I put that in check and my boss is another atty. Id be looking for another job and when you quit gel your boss that he or she made it a hostile work environment or you could just say little comments and hour boss should get the point. Just remember you can't reason with someone who is a fool!

Love you! I laughed so hard I woke the dog up! My old boss had implants and told me should couldn't afford a louie. I asked her why not since her implants had to be over 8000.00. I almost dropped dead when she told me she was paying off her implants. I was like you financed implants? I can't. I just can't. So yeah I got the "you must live at home comment" Monday and after spending Sunday in The doggy emergency room i responded to the comment with my "Yes. I live in my home. " Then I got "no. I mean you must live with your parents oh never mind" and she stormed off. Lol I didn't even say anything sideways! My colleague is so dumb. She pays 850.00 a month to LEASE yes LEASE a car. How is that even possible! She hasn't talked to me since thank GOD!

You know if the people that make these type of remarks focused half there energy on themselves and their own business this world would be a better place. Life is short! So short!

Haha, it would have been cheaper for your boss to buy an LV bag than finance funbags, but hey, I guess everyone has their own thing. Lol. Yeah, people should worry about themselves instead of fixating on what we have. Lucky me, my gal is our receptionist so she practically makes a comment every other day. Maybe I should wear my neverfull over my head when I walk in tomorrow so I won't have to hear her. :smile: btw, hope your doggie feels better.

My fiance sometimes has "disapproving looks" for me when another package arrives. BUT, he just bought a 1972 corvette so the disapproving looks go both ways now. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Haha, it would have been cheaper for your boss to buy an LV bag than finance funbags, but hey, I guess everyone has their own thing. Lol. Yeah, people should worry about themselves instead of fixating on what we have. Lucky me, my gal is our receptionist so she practically makes a comment every other day. Maybe I should wear my neverfull over my head when I walk in tomorrow so I won't have to hear her. :smile: btw, hope your doggie feels better.

Lol thanks! My Lexi is half black sheppy and half black chow. She was sprawled out on my nice clean bed sucking up the ac and i told her to get up as we were going to grandmothers house. She jumped down and landed on her toe nail. I saw this red blood down the hall. Looked like a murder seen. She broke it all the way back from her paw. So they had to sedate her and cut it back. She is good now. Back to running around the yard trying to play with Bambi and Bambo the two wild deer that i think moved in. Can i just tell you im scared to death that Bambo is gonna get her with those huge antlers!! And why do i have deer if i live in a city?

As far as your receptionist i would walk in and say "hey! Can you let know if i get a call from my lv girl today? I'm not sure if my new items are being shipped here or to my house as I didn't order them. Thanks so much! I'll let u get back to answering phones!!!! Enjoy ur day!!!! " She will be mad all day for multiple reasons: 1-she has to answer phones so she may get a call from lv got u. She is not your personal secretary but she actually does have to answer the phone. Lol - u said items as in plural and u said u didn't order them. She will be wondering how many items what items and who ordered them. 3- then she be mad because you basically told her to go back to work and to do her job and finally she will be trying to figure out it u were being smart when u said thank u and to enjoy her day:smile: most importantly you aren't lying or being rude:smile: your lv rep may call. So may I the president the pope etc. u don't know if you are getting a package shipped to the office or your house ever since u didn't order anything else yet. And she is a receptionist so u don't want to keep her from answering the phones/doing her job:smile: i always said thank you and hope people enjoy the day. I always enjoy my days:smile:👼 you know that I'm going straight to the double hockey stick place and not pearly gates for my comments right???

Last edited:
One of my good friends constantly makes comments about it. I'm getting really sick of it and find myself getting more and more aggravated. The most recent exchange went like this...

Her "yeah you have to work so hard to pay for all of those Louis Vuitton bags"

Me "yeah we all have our own interests. You work so you can pay for your personal training right?"

She pays approximately $300 usd a week for personal training at the gym. That's $1200+ a month!

The point is- we all have priorities and how we spend our money is our business. No one else's. It really is starting to piss me off though.

This is an argument I have all the time. My DH will make comments every time I get a new bag (of any brand!), one of my friends does too. But my theory is that everyone has their things. My DH plays golf weekly, which definitely adds up. One of my friends travels every couple of months. I do my own nails & make my own food but I enjoy nice bags. I think if you ask anyone, be it food or plane tickets or home decor, everybody has something lol

I don't buy $$$ make-up & clothes and if I don't go to Target 6 times, I saved enough to get a purse on ebay from a Mypoupette seller. DH jokes a trip to Target is $100.00 and I don't even need the stuff I get. So if I don't go, I justify the bag purchase and don't care what other people think!!:graucho:

Target is the worst for me too! I just need to stay away. And Michaels. Am I really going to make homemade fondant and need all of the tools for it? Ha.

I also agree with the comments about people that drop $300-$400 on a Coach bag every other year. I know some people like bags that match their outfits too. My mom just bought a navy floral Kate Spade that is adorable and she has a large collection of bags. I like having one bag in a few different styles that goes with anything. I'm a working mom that lives in an urban area so time and space are precious. With a few exceptions, I would rather fill my small closet with LV.

Nobody ever says anything to me but in some situations I don't want people to think I'm rubbing my expensive bags in their face. But then I remember it's my choice and I work hard and the bills are paid, etc. I don't hide the fact that I have LV but I am mindful of where I carry it. I probably wouldn't take my Tivoli GM to volunteer somewhere but that is just me and based on my comfort level. Otherwise I'm always at least concealed carrying a SLG. :lol:

Sometimes they do. But that doesn't stop me. This is a free country and I feel I can spend my money on what I want when I want. When they make comments I say everyone has their thing. I call it a handbag hobby. [emoji6]