Are nice pens passe?

Mont Blanc is like the Rolex of pens. They're flash with some substance. If you want a writing instrument for its performance, there are much better pens out there.

Well, one can argue this very much describes tPF.

1. Do you have a fancy pen?
2. How often do you use (if you do?)
3. Do you know anyone with a fancy pen?

Yes, lots. I love pens, pencils, and paper.

I had been intrigued with my grandfather's fountain pens for as long as I can remember. He gave me my first good pen when I turned 10. My favorite is an Omas with a fine extra-flexible nib; it provides line variation that would make anyone's handwriting look good.

By my sophomore year in college, I started taking notes with a Koh-i-noor Rapidograph 0.3mm. Maintenance was a pain in the *** but nothing gave as thin and as dark a line as these pens combined with India Ink. Pens have improved quite a lot since (in terms of point size) and now my preferred note-taking instrument is the Pentel Slicci 0.3. It is available with a huge array of ink colors and can take a beating in my bag.

But this thread reminds me to start using my fountain pens again.

I love school supplies in general lol But I don't own a fancy pen but my father has a couple of Mont Blanc pens. Also, I'd love anyone with nice/fancy pens. It looks so elegant and classy and that's what I love~~

A nice quality pen is special. I am sick of oh refuse reuse recycle on one hand and plastic crap on the other hsnd being sold whilst quality things such as pens, bags and watches are seen as snobbish and expensive. Buying one or little of something from saving has been done for years! Quality over quantity:smile:

I've been accumulating them offhandedly since high school when I got a gold plated Cross pen and pencil set in a nifty leather case. My collection (all gifted) now includes Cross, Tiffany, Mikimoto, Pelican and an odd assortment of fancy hotel pens I've picked up over the years (my fave is a pink and gold flowery one from a hotel in Boston).

I'm also really into mechanical pencils, the ones I have from Japan and Germany make me swoon. I know, hopelessly nerdy :P