are nail colors seasonal?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I usually wear neutral sheer colors on my nails. It seems obvious that red is a good color for the winter holidays. But are colors like coral and pink more summery and not appropriate for winter holiday season?

I don't think there are hard and fast rules or anything, but generally I would say what goes for apparel colours probably applies to nails too - jewel tones and richer tones in fall/winter, brights and pastels for spring/summer, neutrals year-round, etc.

I think that pale/nude/neutral colors look better on my hands, so those are a staple for me year-round. I will also wear a dark/vampy color in the summer if I feel like it. No rules, IMO, as far as np is concerned.

I don't think there's really any rules that you have to adhere to, but personally I prefer darker colors for fall/winter, pastels for spring, and brights and neons for summer. I also think neutrals look nice all year round. But, it's just whatever you want to wear! :smile:

I don't think there are seasonal colors for the nails though I agree with lvpiggy. Fall/winter- dark
Spring/summer- light

Though holidays I try to go with the color appropriate for that holiday

Some colors definitely scream a certain season to me but I dont not wear a color because its not the right time of year. Sometimes in the winter while its snowing I like to have summer nails- it gives me hope!

IMHO there are no rules on what color to use in what season.
I'm the type of person that likes to use whatever I feel like.. Haha..

But I am very into matching my nails to any holidays that are around. Such as Christmas is coming soon.. so I have been very into red and greens with shimmer/glitter! Haha..

I say just do as you want/feel!

Rules, schmules....do what you like and what suits your mood and your outfit no matter the season! I do tend to wear more plums/reds/deeper colors in the fall and winter but honestly I don't feel bound to any rules.

I love a beautiful nude pedicure with summer sandals and flip flops but sometimes a really nice deep vampy color or even a shimmery black (like Sephora/OPI Never Enough Shoes) is a fun, unexpected pop on the ol' tootsies :biggrin: