Are Monty Owners Happy With Their Choice?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I'm wondering if those who have chosen to purchase a Monty, are you happy with the choice you made? Any regrets?

2. I have had a Monty PM for about a year and a half, but haven't carried it that much. Part of the reason is because I associate it with a bad event in my life. But even if I put that aside, there are a couple of things that bother me about the bag itself. It seems like it can't be carried very well either on the shoulder or in hand. For some reason, neither way works quite right for me. When I do try to carry it on my shoulder, it sort of mushes up under my arm and doesn't keep its shape well. That being said, I still don't regret buying it. It's a cute bag and the carrying issues wouldn't keep me from buying it again.

3. I have the MontyGm and she is the most lightweight bagI own!
    She is simple bag, but holds a lot and love the LV PLATE. There are many LV BAGS I want , but had to have her when she came out and never regreted it. She is agreat everyday bag.;)

4. Love my Monty gm!!

5. LOVE LOVE my Monty PM!!!! I've had it for over a year now and still no regrets!

6. I love my Monty :smile: I have GM size. She was my 1st and that makes her really special for me.
    I've had her for almost 2 years now and I'm really pleased that I bought her.
    It fits on my shoulder well and it's easy to carry, big enough, and the plate makes her look luxurious.
    The only down side is that it may not be possible to carry her on the shoulder over some thick winter coats.

7. Lately I've been having a love/hate relationship with my monty. I was a LV newbie and it was my first LV and didn't know any better when I got it when it was first came out. The shoulder strap is a little too short; I won't be able to wear it comfortably with a winter coat. Also, the base is a little wide (but not as wide as the rivington) so it smushes under my arm. I agree with everything grace04 has stated.

While I will never part with my first LV, if I had to do it all over again I don't think I'd buy it. For an everyday but "affordable" shoulder bag I'd get the delightful or totally if I had to do it all over again. With that being said however, buy what you love and I strongly suggest you try it at the boutique before buying. Just my opinion but HTH.

8. Yes!! I love my Monty!! I actually used to have a Monty PM and sold it in favor of getting the GM, best decision ever for me! The PM was slightly akward to put things in while I had it on my shoulder still, which is not a problem with the GM. Plus, the GM has a bit more shoulder strap clearance - so I feel like it fits better. The strap drop is perfect on the GM, IMO.

It's my favorite LV bag, closely followed by the Hampstead MM, right now. :biggrin:

9. my monty PM was my first (and currently only) LV, and i love love love it.. i dont use it everyday since i live in a place where you never see LV so i dont take it out alot, but when i do, i feel so happy inside :smile: i think its a great everyday bag, and if theres a day where i can afford to buy as much LV as i want to, i will still hold my monty in a special place in my heart lol

10. Love my Monty GM, however I do wish the straps were a teensy bit longer.

11. Love my GM. The fact that it doesn't have a lot of vachetta for me to worry about is a definite plus.

12. I have to agree with this. I will not be able to put this bag on my shoulder this winter over my coat. But I love the size and everything else about this bag.

13. ^^I knew you would! :smile:

14. I just bought my Monty PM almost 1 month ago. so far I love it! I just wish the straps were a tad bit longer but I am little so it's not too huge of a problem. You can fit alot in this bag!!

15. Love my monty too... perfect bag for everyday use or evening use.

So versatile and lightweight :smile: