are miu miu bags timeless ?

I think it depends on the design and color you choose. Personally I think so many of the designs now definitely have potential for "timelessness"...off the top of my head:
- coffer
- bow satchel
- double-zip bowler from the cruise line...
Of course, these are the bags that I've been eyeing, but I know for certain there are tons more!!!

Depends on the style. Many of the current styles are more timeless than past styles. I have bags from the early 00s and they are definitely fun, quirky, not classic bags.

If you can only get one purse, go for the Chanel. Chanel will be classic and elegant, 20 years down the road.

If you have money for two, I would suggest the coffer. I feel strongly that it's on its way to becoming a classic.

If you have money for three purses, I would suggest getting a trendier purse for the fun factor. It doesn't need to be Miu Miu or Prada. Heck, it can be any purse!

I'm trying to be unbiased here since I adore my coffer. I'm planning on a Chanel next just cos' it's Chanel and due for a price increase soon. :yucky:

^ ITA. Coffers, I think, is Miu Miu's bread and butter. It is a classic piece and I would recommend it to anyone considering purchasing it. I seriously love mine! BUT if you want something that is more universally considered as timeless, then I agree with linpaddy, you will have to invest in one of the 'older' brands like Chanel, or if you don't mind going broke, then Hermes. Their styles have been proven to last decades, and that's how I would define timeless.