Are Miu Miu bags are still appreciated?

ILP

Jan 6, 2019
I noticed that there are very recent few posts for Miu Miu. Is it because they haven’t had an “it” bag in quite some time? Is the quality still good? Wondering if Miu Miu bags still appreciated or desired.

Reactions: IntheOcean

MS3

Nov 3, 2021
I've worked in re-sale for some time but have not owned my own Miu Miu. That said, from what I understand, they do use the same manufacturer/are owned by the same group that owns Prada.

In my time inspecting used items, Miu Miu's does tend to stand up fairly well to normal previous use, but I agree that the styles tend to look fairly dated.

Reactions: ILP

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Personally, I love Miu Miu from 10-15 years ago, but not so much their current collections. Not really my style and, I think, not exactly the style that's popular now. I don't think they've released anything that can be considered an It bag for quite some time.

Reactions: MS3

vintageh4

Jan 11, 2022
Personally, I love Miu Miu from 10-15 years ago, but not so much their current collections. Not really my style and, I think, not exactly the style that's popular now. I don't think they've released anything that can be considered an It bag for quite some time.
Totally agree. Miu Miu needs a brand revamp to become relevant again. Seems that all the energy and effort is going into Prada with nothing left over for Miu Miu. I'm not even sure who their customer is anymore. All their bags just look like dated Prada bags

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
It seems their efforts of late have been geared more towards their shoes and sunglasses.
I sold all my bags----- even my Harlequin. LOL. Especially my Harlequin.
Too thin non-adjustable straps on their bags drove me crazy
I still have all my shoes and sunnies though

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Totally agree. Miu Miu needs a brand revamp to become relevant again. Seems that all the energy and effort is going into Prada with nothing left over for Miu Miu. I'm not even sure who their customer is anymore. All their bags just look like dated Prada bags
Miu Miu bags are more girly, "romantic" than Prada, with crystals and blush colors. So I don't really see them as hand-me-down designs from Prada. But I do agree that the brand is in need of a revamp.

Reactions: vintageh4

vintageh4

Jan 11, 2022
Miu Miu bags are more girly, "romantic" than Prada, with crystals and blush colors. So I don't really see them as hand-me-down designs from Prada. But I do agree that the brand is in need of a revamp.
Right totally. Historically they've catered to the younger more feminine customer but I definitely feel like they've lost their way and have just been recycling designs without innovating. I feel like their target customer has moved on to more contemporary brands and gen z is so into vintage and y2k styles these days

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
I think they will cycle round again.
Prada was pretty much dead in the water after the Fairy collection until they came out with the saffy totes and BAM!
Several houses have reinvigorated themselves of late------Gucci and Dior come to mind while others have fallen off drastically (Celine for example)
Maybe a collaboration would help :thinking:

Reactions: IntheOcean and ILP