Are Mini Chanel flap bags made for the "young"?

I don't think so. I love mini flaps, the rectangular ones, and I have them in "pop" colours, and one in neutral colour (patent black). I am in my early 20s, but while I was vacationing in Europe in the summers, I often see older woman wear small Chanel bags (not necessarily mini flaps/ woc), and they look so effortlessly chic. But one thing I did notice is that their bags are usually in neutral colours and they don't wear them cross body (which I do). So I say rock your mini bags!

Reactions: Stratford
I have to admit, I have the same thoughts and questions. Age appropriate ( I'm in my late thirties) and size appropriate? You see, I don't exactly look like a model ����
I'm trying to get over the age thing, after all a Chanel bag is timeless. But I really see your point.

I absolutely don't think a woman in her 60's /70's should wear a Chanel mini bag. At that age, the time for cute little bags has passed her by and she should get something more stately and serious. She shouldn't be traipsing around around in pretty little bags or worrying about something like fashion. There are grandbabies to enjoy, garden club meetings to attend and aging husbands to care for.

Of course I am being very facetious here. 😂

I don't "get" the thinking that says a bag style, color or brand is for a certain age (or body shape, or height, or coloring...). Older women have the desire (and ability) to be fashionable. So they should wear whatever they want. Side note - I recently saw two different threads where people were saying Chanel isn't for 20 somethings. Poor Chanel. If it isn't the brand for the young OR the old, I hope they can find enough hot flashing middle aged ladies to keep them afloat. LOL!

Enjoy whatever bag you love in good health and happines! 😄😄😄

i just turned 40 a few months back, when i was going through the same dilemma.

i got a rectangular mini in black caviar with rhw & never looked back. using it for the next 10 years is definitely in my plan, provided it doesn't fall into pieces before then.

i'd think compatibility isn't solely dependant on the size of a bag, but its style & color, occassion, outfit/dressing style of the wearer as well. jmho.

i just turned 40 a few months back, when i was going through the same dilemma.

i got a rectangular mini in black caviar with rhw & never looked back. using it for the next 10 years is definitely in my plan, provided it doesn't fall into pieces before then.

i'd think compatibility isn't solely dependant on the size of a bag, but its style & color, occassion, outfit/dressing style of the wearer as well. jmho.

I asked myself the same question, and I agree with your answer.

I absolutely don't think a woman in her 60's /70's should wear a Chanel mini bag. At that age, the time for cute little bags has passed her by and she should get something more stately and serious. She shouldn't be traipsing around around in pretty little bags or worrying about something like fashion. There are grandbabies to enjoy, garden club meetings to attend and aging husbands to care for.

I don't "get" the thinking that says a bag style, color or brand is for a certain age (or body shape, or height, or coloring...). Older women have the desire (and ability) to be fashionable. So they should wear whatever they want. Side note - I recently saw two different threads where people were saying Chanel isn't for 20 somethings. Poor Chanel. If it isn't the brand for the young OR the old, I hope they can find enough hot flashing middle aged ladies to keep them afloat. LOL!

That was funny :smile:
Hearing anyone claim that Chanel bags are not for young ladies (or older ladies) is like hearing that diamonds are not for young ladies (or older ladies). Nonsense.

I read the first few lines and thought . . . "what has happened to sparkle? I may need to drag her out of her crypt on Ban Island and smack some sense back into her!" :biggrin: