Are men cheaper than women?

ketap

O.G.
Oct 3, 2006
I was looking at mens LV jewelry tonite, I was hoping for a ring or chain. I just cant pay the prices listed for non-precious metal jewelry. Silver ring for 500? A pendant and canvas twine for 480? I have the money, but feel theres no value. Am I being too frugal (cheap)? or does anyone else feel the same?

I dunno...my hubby just got a bracelet...champyss (spelling) for $550 and he loves it..also a tiffany and co. bracelet for $650..it's just what you like and what you are willing to spend is all.

Well, I have noticed (correct me if I'm wrong) that some of mens' scarves are cheaper than womens'... Of course most of the scarves are a biiiit too manly (and winter scarves) for me but there is actually one that I find quite 'unisex'. :smile:

my husband used to be super cheap when it came to designer items. But, after spending so much on buying me stuff, slowly but surely he started purchasing things for himself. I think when you start out small you are more likely to start slowly going up on what you are willing to spend.

I was looking at mens LV jewelry tonite, I was hoping for a ring or chain. I just cant pay the prices listed for non-precious metal jewelry. Silver ring for 500? A pendant and canvas twine for 480? I have the money, but feel theres no value. Am I being too frugal (cheap)? or does anyone else feel the same?
Well... If yo uthink about it that way, most of the goods in that store is marked up in the same way, the bags, shoes and other items as well. BUt you still have/ want to buy those no?

I don't know I have been wondering about Jewellery from LV in general lately as well. I mean would you spend a certain amount on an LV watch or would you rather go spend that same amount at Rolex or David Yurman? I feel MANY of the jewellery items from LV are overpriced and in general don't hold their value in comparison to designers who specialize in the field. Again though, you are paying for the name to an extent with all designers whether it be LV or Rolex, it's just usually a better value to go with companies like the latter. I don't think that will stop me from buying an LV watch at some point though lol.

On the general question: Are men cheaper than women?

Yes! I think most men are cheaper than women. My guy friends always ask me advice on buying LV wallet or ties, and I always very informative with them in term of prices, styles & etc. Then they showed all interest in getting what I tell them, but when I bring them to the store... they all flakes! I feel embarrassed after they asked my SA to bring out 10 wallets and had spent almost 1 hr in the store and changed their mind from buying a $500 wallet, to a $375 wallet, then said maybe money clip is best suit them $275. And at the end of the day, they walk out with nothing. Being said that, that would be the last time I will walk in to LV store with them.

Another experience was from eBay. I have helped my DH sold some of his items and one of them includes an LV Damier Geant Compagnon messenger bag. I listed as buy-it-now and it was sold on the last day of a 7-day listing. Buyer is a dude, and sent me an email the next day telling me he won't pay me and asked me to cancel his transaction. I was like, w-t-f?!! He had 7 days to decide and why clicked BIN button if he wasn't sure? Men are so indecisive IMO.

Sorry for the long rant. Enjoy TPF!! :smile:

I do not know it depends.

If you think it is too much than it is and do not buy it. But if you love a certain piece get it. I feel LE bags are too high so I do not buy them, money or not.

Do not buy something thats price upsets you.