Are Manolos a bad gift?

mich327

Oct 7, 2006
I got a pair of lovely Manolo Blahnik tan pumps for my sister and law and gave them to her yesterday for her birthday, and she didn't seem that excited. Do you think it's bad to give shoes as a present? I'd love them, but that's just me, maybe. Would love to hear your thoughts.

I don't think it's bad to give shoes. I think the problem is that maybe she's just not into shoes as you are or maybe your taste is different to hers. Next time, just give the Manolos to me, I'll be excited :biggrin: ;)

June

Maybe she's just not that into shoes?

Or maybe superstition? I'm Asian & my mom is UBER-superstitious - she thinks it's "bad luck" to give shoes as a gift.

But in any case, I think it's a GREAT gift...you can never go wrong with Manolos! :graucho:

Sister-in-laws can be big b's sometimes....lol
a new pair of MB's are great! even if your not into shoes you still know what a MB is. If she does not like them she can always return them & get a bunch of things with the money. Everyone knows how much they cost so she should of put a smile on & said thank you. If you dont think she liked them, now you know for next time not to go all out for her :yes:
Some people just dont appreciate a great shoe. lol

Weird! That's such a bizarre reaction...the only way Id turn them down is 1) if they weren't my style and I liked a different pair and 2) if I was expected to walk in them and couldn't just stare at them all day instead ;) (can't walk in heels, need to learn how!)

I think it's a very generous gift! :tup:

Maybe her reaction had something to do with knowing how much MBs cost and feeling like she'd have to spend the same amount on you for your birthday? Just a thought.