Are LV SA's paid commission?

I was told by an SA in Saks San Antonio, they do get the 30% discount, and they can only buy (dont remember if she said 3 or 5) items per year..(I think they try to prevent SA from trying to make their own businees

they also get 30% discount

But I was told that they can only buy a certain amount of product, on discount, per year, then they have to pay full price if they want something. Also, I was told that for really hot pieces, they aren't allowed to buy them before customers can...So, like my Monogramouflage Speedy, my SA really wanted one, but they sold out (to customers) so she wasn't able to get one...

My SA just confirmed that they don't make commission. It's supposed to make it so the SA will help anyone and everyone, and they don't get competitive and only help people who they think will buy (but we all know this only works some of the time!)

That's odd, considering I've had a SA excuse himself away from me because some lady walked in. LAME! lol

i also heard that they get a bonus if they sell more, so i guess they still like customers who buy more:smile: I try to go to the same SA, but i have now became friends with more than one, so they all get a little share from me lol

That's odd, considering I've had a SA excuse himself away from me because some lady walked in. LAME! lol
I can kind of see this happening if he and she were in the middle of something... like my SA excused herself from someone else when I came in because I had texted her and she had a bag waiting for me.

I’m so grateful for this thread! I adore an SA at an out of state LV; is it better to work with her exclusively to build the relationship for when I want hotter items or stalk the website/cs on my own? If I order online and don’t like it and exchange it for something at her store, does she get the credit for the sale?

I’m so grateful for this thread! I adore an SA at an out of state LV; is it better to work with her exclusively to build the relationship for when I want hotter items or stalk the website/cs on my own? If I order online and don’t like it and exchange it for something at her store, does she get the credit for the sale?

I don't think you should worry about that. If you like the SA then work with her to build a relationship. Most SAs prefer working with regular clients and they will go out of their way to please a client that they like.

LV's commission system is a joke. I think a lot of people here fail to understand how little the SAs get as commission out of every handbag and accessories sale. Unless you buy made-to-order trunks, ready-to-wear, exotics and fine jewelry, your SA is getting spare change from the sale of every other category.

Reactions: Queensmama
I don't think you should worry about that. If you like the SA then work with her to build a relationship. Most SAs prefer working with regular clients and they will go out of their way to please a client that they like.

LV's commission system is a joke. I think a lot of people here fail to understand how little the SAs get as commission out of every handbag and accessories sale. Unless you buy made-to-order trunks, ready-to-wear, exotics and fine jewelry, your SA is getting spare change from the sale of every other category.
I love her and I wish I could give her all my business, it’s just that I feel bad bugging her and you know when you see something online that you’ve been looking for, you feel like you have to jump on it so then I feel guilty that I didn’t wait to get it from her bc she really is so sweet and helpful when she does wb. I guess at the end of the day I know it’s not fair to expect her to be able to offer the same attn as a smart phone and if my budget is finite, I have to weigh whether waiting for her to service me is worth growing the relationship vs the immediacy of online or points shopping at Bloomingdales, etc. in an ideal world, she would work at the LV in the bloomies or Saks close by... I can’t believe I’m thinking about this stuff :facepalm: