Are Louboutins true to size?

Wow, I am getting confused just reading this.

How about this lingo:
  • Regular US shoe size = TTS
  • Usual size in Louboutins = CLS (Christian Louboutin Size)
Then we will know how to help each other when we run across issues with the Rolando we can say take your CLS and go up a half size. Also, we should mention if the shoe runs narrow (which just about all CLs do) so girls will know to order a half size up from their CLS.

I like this idea. I'm all for adopting it as the proper "lingo" to use when discussing sizing.

Anyone with me? Say "I" :P

I usually refrain from participating in these discussions because I'm never sure if I have anything to add or if I'd just create additional confusion. If I do say something, I'll compare to my size in a specific shoe; e.g., same size as I take in 85 Simples. To add an additional layer of complexity, don't French and Italian sizes differ? Isn't a 40 Italian = 41 French? I think it is. I'll try to go out and find a link but I'm pretty sure that this is right. I'm usually a 41 in French shoes and a 40 in Italian. This means that I'm not really sizing up in CLs; that's just my French size. It's the same for Chanel. I'm a 39.5/40 in Prada; 40.5/41 in CL, 40.5 in Manolo and 10 in a US. My biggest pet peeve is going on to a website and seeing sizes 8, 8.5, 9 etc. for shoes that are marked as 38, 38.5 etc. Drives me bonkers due to this French sizing issue.

Ok, now that you all think I'm nuts, let me look around and see if I can find something to support my claim.

I can't post a link because it's just a pop-up, but if you go to the Saks site, choose a shoe and then click on international size equivalents. You need a full size larger in French shoes. It's not just a straight +30.

You are right, stevenash. French and Italian are different. I know, the "8/38" sizing thing drives me crazy too. Barneys doesn't even put the real size at all, I think. They only put the US size, which really drives me crazy! lol

i tried a pair of 39 CL's at the shop today.. alas.. they were too small and unfortunately they had no 40..

so i put this question out there to u ladies... is this a normal occurance? are CLs a smaller cut? or is this just my feet?:girlsigh: