Are Hermes Kimono belts useful??

I don't have one but did try it on at Heathrow last month and loved it. I just so happened to have an all black outfit on and the one I tried was white and red with small amounts of black. It looked great worn as an obi and had it been more black I would have been very tempted. It's so long that you can create a really dramatic bow or train at the back

BTW I'm assuming by kimono belt you are referring to the item that looks like a giant twilly?

Hi Mooks! No, the belt I'm asking about is a long leather strap that you tie with a twilly.... Do you know what I mean? They have a couple on bluefly if you search hermes kimono belt.... Sorry my description is dreadful, I haven't had my coffee yet today! :s

Yes that's the one! Thanks for adding the link Mooks! What one did you try on?? I have a few thick long cardigans I like to belt. Do you have a picture of the giant twilly you are talking about?? :flowers:

I was going to get one and my SA told me you have to use the twilly it comes with - she things, plus its only for around the waist - the leather isn;t flexible so it won;t angle down easily if you want to tie it lower. So I passed. But I haven;t seen one in person, so I cannot be sure. . .