Are Hampsteads too "boxy" on the bottom?

JLJRN

O.G.
May 3, 2009
I've read many comments about the Palermo being 'too boxy" on the bottom and when I received it for a gift, I agreed and returned it. I'm now looking at the Azur Hampstead MM and see it has the same depth as the Palermo (6.7"), which leads me to believe I won't like this bag either as it will 'jut out" too much on the side of my body. However the Galliera has the same depth but it doesn't look too deep on the bottom at all (just too high under the armpit). The Hampstead PM btw has an even larger depth (6.9), so that's out. Any comments from the Hampstead owners who might compare it to the Palermo?

Thanks

I had both the Palermo and the Hampstead MM but have recently sold both. I loved the Palermo and carried if for two years, never found it to be boxy. I also loved the Hampstead and felt it made the perfect bag for work. The straps were my only complaint because it seemed one was always falling off my shoulder, other than that it was fine, kind of wish I hadn't sold it now.

I bought the Hampstead PM but returned it because it's base was too rigid. My arm would hang over it at an awkward angle and it just didn't feel comfortable. The straps also felt tight and uncomfortable, but if you get the MM size, you should be okay with that. It's a nice looking bag and I really wanted to like it.:shucks:

I bought the Hampstead PM but returned it because it's base was too rigid. My arm would hang over it at an awkward angle and it just didn't feel comfortable. The straps also felt tight and uncomfortable, but if you get the MM size, you should be okay with that. It's a nice looking bag and I really wanted to like it.:shucks:

Yes, the MM has longer straps, but the base looks awfully rigid and sharp to me just like the PM size.

I have the mm and imo it doesn't stick out too much, I adjusted the straps to be at their longest and I think it comes out harmonious and nice. I love mine and the style of the bag IS stiff, it's not ment to be slouchy so if the stiff look bothers maybe a slouchy bag would do you better ! Good luck :smile:

I have the mm and imo it doesn't stick out too much, I adjusted the straps to be at their longest and I think it comes out harmonious and nice. I love mine and the style of the bag IS stiff, it's not ment to be slouchy so if the stiff look bothers maybe a slouchy bag would do you better ! Good luck :smile:

lol. good luck? I think the OP must have made up their mind by now. :roflmfao:

lol. good luck? I think the OP must have made up their mind by now. :roflmfao:

Ha... I was wondering what these old posts were doing getting resurrected. :smile: New TPF'er I think maybe, welcome Cherine! Just check dates on posts, many of them I'm sure are long decided.