Are Gucci's GG supreme canvas bags considered old fashioned? Nobody talks abt them.

On the contrary, Gucci along with its signature supreme canvas print have never seen more relevance in the fashion scene than it has in its 96-year history than now. Its reinvention and revamp (given the pressures weighing on the global luxury sector these past few years) is indeed remarkable as more and more consumers gravitate towards the brand, boosting its sales to an all-time high. The Gucci today is worlds away from what it used to be--it is the 21st century statement of contemporary coolness.

And yes, I agree with papertiger, that bag is a solid example of classy casual cool. ;)

Well, thank you both for your responses. I like the canvas bags but I seem to only find the canvas painted and all the rest of the Gucci's mentioned here are leather bags.

@MamaSleepy Yes, you're right... there's definitely more hype and attention going about for the supreme canvas with painted and embroidered designs and the all-leather models like the Gucci Marmont collection. But having said that, even though Gucci has taken an extreme move in refashioning their signature print, I believe they've also stayed true to their roots by incorporating many of the trademark features in their newer collections. In a way, they're breathing new life to an old brand, allowing us to fall in love with it all over again.

I personally couldn't take my eyes off the considerably underrated Gucci Padlock Bag when I first saw it. Even though the style of the bag isn't exactly inventive, there was just something about it that stood out to me--much like a perfect marriage of old and new.

Maybe we should start a thread for Gucci supreme canvas lovers. :P

409487_KLQJG_9785_001_067_0026_Light-Padlock-GG-Supreme-shoulder-bag.jpg 409487_KLQJG_9785_002_067_0026_Light-Padlock-GG-Supreme-shoulder-bag.jpg

@MamaSleepy Yes, you're right... there's definitely more hype and attention going about for the supreme canvas with painted and embroidered designs and the all-leather models like the Gucci Marmont collection. But having said that, even though Gucci has taken an extreme move in refashioning their signature print, I believe they've also stayed true to their roots by incorporating many of the trademark features in their newer collections. In a way, they're breathing new life to an old brand, allowing us to fall in love with it all over again.

I personally couldn't take my eyes off the considerably underrated Gucci Padlock Bag when I first saw it. Even though the style of the bag isn't exactly inventive, there was just something about it that stood out to me--much like a perfect marriage of old and new.

Maybe we should start a thread for Gucci supreme canvas lovers. :P

View attachment 3688975 View attachment 3688976
Thank you for your response!

Reactions: sakiaoki

Maybe we should start a thread for Gucci supreme canvas lovers. [emoji14]

View attachment 3688975 View attachment 3688976
I love this bag, in the larger size. Do you have this bag?

I love this bag, in the larger size. Do you have this bag?

Hi there :wave: No, I don't yet have this bag in my collection but I will definitely be adding it one of these days as it is high on my wish list! :love: However, I do prefer the smaller size version over the large simply because the large felt a bit too heavy for me. Clearly, I have zero muscle mass in my arms... haha :lol: What other Gucci bags do you have in your collection?

Hi there :wave: No, I don't yet have this bag in my collection but I will definitely be adding it one of these days as it is high on my wish list! :love: However, I do prefer the smaller size version over the large simply because the large felt a bit too heavy for me. Clearly, I have zero muscle mass in my arms... haha [emoji38] What other Gucci bags do you have in your collection?
I don't have any Gucci bags. I've looked at them, online, because I don't have a store close, and I like quite a few of them! I love this supreme padlock, love the colors.....the larger size is on my wishlist.

I don't have any Gucci bags. I've looked at them, online, because I don't have a store close, and I like quite a few of them! I love this supreme padlock, love the colors.....the larger size is on my wishlist.

It's a lovely bag. I have one of its 'ancestors' but in all-black lizard. They've downscaled the bag's size (making it E-W) and kept the size of the hardware the dame which makes the hardware take centre-stage.

It's a lovely bag. I have one of its 'ancestors' but in all-black lizard. They've downscaled the bag's size (making it E-W) and kept the size of the hardware the dame which makes the hardware take centre-stage.
All black lizard [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Screenshot_20170505-103535.png
This is going to be my next bag. I'm excited and don't even have it. [emoji5]