Are grommets always straight?

DivineMissM

Feb 5, 2009
I recently sold a vintage (early 80's) Epi Noe and now the buyer is saying she believes it's fake. I absolutely believe it's authentic, otherwise I wouldn't have sold it!

Anyway, she took it in to an LV store and the SA told her was fake and showed her a few reasons why she thought so. The most obvious reason is that some of the grommets aren't straight. Some are sideways or upside down. Does that automatically mean it's fake? Everything else looks good, from the research I've done online. The stitching is all very high quality, and has the right alignment and such. The zipper and rivets are all marked as they should be, etc. I feel like this SA just wasn't familiar with vintage bags, but of course I could be wrong.

Obviously, I'll do the the right thing if it turns out it is fake but I want to be absolutely sure first. Any advice?

I recently sold a vintage (early 80's) Epi Noe and now the buyer is saying she believes it's fake. I absolutely believe it's authentic, otherwise I wouldn't have sold it!

Anyway, she took it in to an LV store and the SA told her was fake and showed her a few reasons why she thought so. The most obvious reason is that some of the grommets aren't straight. Some are sideways or upside down. Does that automatically mean it's fake? Everything else looks good, from the research I've done online. The stitching is all very high quality, and has the right alignment and such. The zipper and rivets are all marked as they should be, etc. I feel like this SA just wasn't familiar with vintage bags, but of course I could be wrong.

Obviously, I'll do the the right thing if it turns out it is fake but I want to be absolutely sure first. Any advice?

Where are you selling it? If you can provide a link, have her post it here to authenticate....there have been many discussions about store authentication items....