Are flare or boot-leg jeans completely OUT?

I can't believe that this thread is still around! When I started it, I didn't have any skinny jeans. Now, I've completely retired my AG Legends (flare) and only wear Stilt (skinny), Kiss (straight), and Angle (bootcut). Oh, how times have changed. :P

I still feel the same way I did two years ago...I do NOT like Skinny jeans. Esp. on me.

I only buy flare/bootcuts, and the occasional trouser jean, for myself. I just bought some CJ Cookie Johnson "jeggings" but they're bootcut.

I think boot cut will always be in where as skinny or flares can look dated. I remember the moment I heard that skinny was making a come back, I rushed out and got a pair of designer skinny jeans. :smile:

I almost think that anything goes..pretty much...except for the extreme trends of super distressed,etc. I love bootcut just as much as skinny and straight and also agree that they will probably always be around.:smile:

I think skinnies will be in for a very long time, and if that doesn't look good on certain people, many will look towards the straight leg trend because it is even and doesn't make people look awkwardly proportioned. There will always be skinny people in the world and the skinny jean will always flatter their body types.

As far as bootcut and flares go, I think flares aren't so much out as people are just not wearing them as much. that sounds weird, I know. I think it's just that the most current sillouette is skinny jean obsessed. They do come out and play sometimes, like when people are just hanging out and don't care too much about being "fashionable." However, a lot of celebrities are still wearing bootcut and flares because well, theyre young and grew up with the bootcut trend and it's kind of hard to part with sucha classic shape.

This is a long post, whoops. Really, you're going to Europe, which means people buy clothing that fits them really well and wear them to death before purchasing something "trendy." If youa re traveling, bring whatever you are comfortable in. A good pair of bootcut jeans looks 100x better than a sloppy skinny that doesn't flatter your body.

i dont think the classic bootcut will ever be out.
though personally i do think the flare is as much a trend as the skinny, as both are extremes.
anyhow- u can't go wrong w/a classic bootcut.