Are Chloes HANDMADE????

susieserb

Susie
O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
I know I read, heard this somewhere but is it true? If it is, besides Chloe and Hermes, which other bags are handmade???? What is the process of making Chloe?

I believe that most of their Italian-made bags are handmade, to one extent or another (and they certainly claim that they are on the carecards); but I'm not sure about the ones that are made in Romania, like the Kerala, as they look very uniformly stitched (and my Kerala wallet's carecards don't say that it is)... :s

I believe that most of their Italian-made bags are handmade, to one extent or another (and they certainly claim that they are on the carecards); but I'm not sure about the ones that are made in Romania, like the Kerala, as they look very uniformly stitched (and my Kerala wallet's carecards don't say that it is)... :s

Laughing!! Yes it would help to read the care card. Like directions to some thingamajig, I toss stuff like that aside to devouer the actual item. Thanks CHB for clarifying, BTW I agree with some of the newer Chloe bags looking too machine stitched.;)

chloes definitely aren't handmade the way birkins are and the price difference certainly confirms that! I think CHB is right, though, italian-made bags seem to be handmade to an extent...

chloes definitely aren't handmade the way birkins are and the price difference certainly confirms that!

To be fair, I think some of them are - for example, some of the clutches (my favourites!) and smaller bags, which are leather lined and are very obviously handstitched, inside and out. :yes:

Some of these bags were as expensive as BVs, relative to their size (£600/$1200+ for an approx. 12" x 5" clutch). The main reason I think Hermes are more expensive, is that they are made in France and wages there are slightly higher than they are in Italy.

I think that's mainly why BV, although expertly handmade, are less expensive than Hermes, too. :yes: Although, perceived prestige comes into the equation, too, I'm sure.

Incidentally, some (if not all) of the earlier Phoebe Philo for Chloe leathergoods (from 2001 and 2002) were handmade in France. :yes: That's why the early bags don't say MADE IN ITALY, just 'Chloe' and some of the belts actually say MADE IN FRANCE inside. :smile: