Are Chloe Bags Made/Stitched by Hand?

Div and I were talking about your bag yesterday on the phone. She said that when it comes to quirks in a purse she's pretty lenient but your bag made her mad. I want to be mad too? I keep looking at your pictures and in all honesty the fold doesn't bother me at all? I want it too because of everyone's objectionable opinion but I think I'd be okay with it. After all who looks at the bottom of a purse? So if the new bag from Nordies does not have the divine leather this one does, well I'd keep it???

I think you are doing the right thing by waiting to see if another one pops up in a similar type of leather. All Chloe bags are different. Heck, I got one from BG that I could've sworn was a fake. Turned out that it was 100% authentic and the leather was just gross.

Nice leather means the most to me. I bet if you went with the more perfect stitching and lesser leather, you would end up missing this one A LOT. The leather on your bag is, IMO, what makes the bag.

You've both got good points. As for the "problem" -- I know it's on the bottom, but it's pretty visable from the front of the bag, esp once you put things inside -- the whole bag looks lopsided and hangs funny. It's hard to describe. But since the leather's all bunched up like that, when you put things in the bag & it pulls it downward, that corner is all bunched up.

The whole reason I didn't exchange the bag originally was because the leather on the other one that they had wasn't very nice. For starters, the bag was much darker (it was more eggplant than Plum). The only places the leather was soft & distressed was the bottom and the end "pockets" -- the entire body of the bag was all smooth leather with almost no distressing. There were also white specks all over it. It just didn't look "nice." That's why I HOPE the bag that's transferred has nice thick soft smooshy leather -- if it does and it's sewn nicer, than I'll swap them. I just hope I don't have to wait much longer -- I WANT TO USE MY BAG!!!

It's so sad -- I pull it out every day and just gaze at it *SIGH* :drool::drool::drool:

Just when I think I can get passed it -- that corner calls my name -- :yucky: and my disappointment starts all over again.

Oh this is horrible! There is nothing worse then when u have the build up of getting a long desired bag and then it being less than perfect! I really feel bad for you. I hope it all gets sorted soon.

It's so sad -- I pull it out every day and just gaze at it *SIGH* :drool::drool::drool:

Just when I think I can get passed it -- that corner calls my name -- :yucky: and my disappointment starts all over again.

The picture of the Heloise Plum bag in all of your posts, is that the actual bag you bought? If so I think it looks fine. Given that if it's not, how does you Plum Heli look straight on?

The picture of the Heloise Plum bag in all of your posts, is that the actual bag you bought? If so I think it looks fine. Given that if it's not, how does you Plum Heli look straight on?

no that's a pic from the Nordstroms catalogue -- pics of my bag are in Posts #9 & 10 of this thread -- http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/are-chloe-bags-made-stitched-by-hand-280260.html#post6039173

I'll try to take a pic tonite that shows what the bag looks like from the front once you put some things inside & weigh it down -- surprisingly, it's more noticeable than when its empty

Good News (I hope!!) My SA called & the transferred bag is in, so tomorrow I'm making [another] trip to Nordstroms to check it out - Keeping my fingers crossed that the bag's stitching is straight (and the leather isn't all bunched up & tucked in!) AND the leather's nice & squishy with multi-dimension color. If not, I'll just be keeping the bag I have.

I took out the tissue and put some things inside & took some pics to show you how it hangs -- I know it's probably not that noticeable (esp in some of these pics -- my camera takes much better pics in daylight) but knowing it's there just bugs me & it's obvious to me. In fact, my husband says that he can see it & it bugs him (and he usually just poo-poos my bag complaints!!)

In these pics -- it's the bottom right corner that's messed up:

P1010538.jpg

helo1.jpg

helo2b.jpg

This is the "good" corner:

helo3a.jpg

If the corner bothers you now, it's ALWAYS going to bother you. It would certainly irritate me every time I wore it because I wouldn't be able to stop myself looking at the corner and trying to convince myself it's not that bad (when I feel it is). You're paying top dollar, so you should expect a bag you're happy with. Take a look at the replacement Heloise and if that one doesn't seem any better, ask for another one to be ordered. You're a high end customer and deserve a high end QUALITY bag. GOOD LUCK!!!

I agree with Minimouse, it'll be something that will always bug you. I hope that the other bag will have beautiful leather and normal corners..

Let us know how it goes!