Are certain brands out of their mind? (Regards Prices)

I know a fabric that makes items for Diesel, they also have a big fabric in the area. They don't produce in Asia as far as I know, at least not everything.
I was very disappointed when Benetton moved some productions abroad.
I'm proud of Diego della Valle (Tod's Hogan and Fay) that not only produces everything!! here in Italy but also gave part of the profit to employers!! :tup:

Anything "made in china" should not exceed 25 bucks. I bought a bcbg girls jacket...original tag price was 195, on sale for 50% off. Still $100.00, its a cute design but totally not worth the $100.

I think the worst offender is Juicy...everything is made in china and a simple (very thin) shirt costs $120.00. Now seriously?!

I don't really understand what there is to get upset about... you may or may not choose to buy the clothes.

I agree that Diesal is seriously overpriced. I find them a very trite brand now -- I can't really imagine anyone but college kids wearing Diesal.

^ Here in Italy Diesel is the most popular brand of jeans! That is why they cost so much, there is a lot of people that want to buy them. Brands like True Religion, 7s etc are not sold in many places, at least outside big cities.

I have a Juicy tshirt and it's made in the USA as all the other items I saw...

Anything "made in china" should not exceed 25 bucks. I bought a bcbg girls jacket...original tag price was 195, on sale for 50% off. Still $100.00, its a cute design but totally not worth the $100.

I think the worst offender is Juicy...everything is made in china and a simple (very thin) shirt costs $120.00. Now seriously?!

Actually, all Juicy clothing is made in USA. :yes:

Here's my Frownie list:

BCBG - they have lots of fun party dresses which I'm happy to pay a full price for b/c I know I'm paying for the design more than manufacturing cost, but some of their basics are way overpriced. a cotton sweater for $200. come on! the quality is several steps down from, say, theory (who i also think is overpriced).

Theory - their retail prices are way too high given that most of their stuff is made in China, unlined and of very simple design. plus, the quality is just so so. i have a couple $90 shirts from them that have holes after only 2 wearings. that said, theory can definitely be worth the price at outlet prices. my local outlet has some great deals.

Theory - their retail prices are way too high given that most of their stuff is made in China, unlined and of very simple design. plus, the quality is just so so. i have a couple $90 shirts from them that have holes after only 2 wearings. that said, theory can definitely be worth the price at outlet prices. my local outlet has some great deals.

I am honestly shocked when I hear people say this, and I have to note that more often than not, I hear it from someone who lives close to a Theory outlet. I wonder if Theory, like J.Crew and Banana Republic and even BURBERRY, make a cheaper line of clothes just for their outlet.

I own a beautiful Theory dress that is woven silk, and lined. I've been asked if its an Oscar de la Renta dress. It's gorgeous, and I don't own any Theory pieces I haven't been thrilled with. By far the best bargain out there in terms of clothing.

i have to agree that theory has always been worth the price to me. but i do love when i find it on sale. a lot of brands are overpriced and i just won't buy from them. there are plenty of things that i like that are good quality that fit into my tight little teeny budget.

the bias against Asian producers is a bit much. the highest brands in the land have manufacturers or assemblers in Asia. when you spend that money, most of the time, you're paying for the brand and construction. not necessarily 100% euro/us/japanese manufacturing.

IntlSet, according to the SA at the Theory outlet, Theory doesn't make anything specifically for the outlet. The SA claimed that they are usually only 2-4 weeks behind the regular retail stores. Luckily for me, most of their stuff is not too trendy, so I wait for the items to hang around a while before I buy them on super clearance. I got a lovely black leather jacket (retail $895) for $99!

Regarding the made in Asia thing, I think it really does make a difference. It's a signal that a company is cutting costs across the board. I've seen some of my favorite brands move from made in the US/Italy/England to made in China, and not only does the construction suffer, but also the fabric, thread, etc. (You never realize how important high-quality thread is, until your pants split!)

Oh well, I guess that's what happens when things go mainstream. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. It's nice to be able to get cashmere for > $150. And, (I hope) there'll always be super luxe brands like Pringle (the best cashmere ever!) for when I want to splurge.