Are boots over jeans in for this fall? Do my Vicini boots look okay over my jeans?

carlarp

Sep 3, 2007
Hi All,

Last year, it appeared that boots over jeans were in and am curious if the style is still in for Fall 2007/Winter 2008. At what point would it be appropriate to start wearing this look? For cooler days in the fall or at night? Anytime during the winter?

I have never tried the look myself personally in public, but I want to. I typically have worn knee high dress boots under my jeans or dress pants or with knee or calf-length skirts. I am just looking for a new style to try. I am open to opinions and thoughts about this. I took a picture of a look I like, but would like your throughts if this looks good or not, or what needs to change in the outfit. I am about 5'5" - am I tall enough to pull the look off?

Keep in mind that I just had a baby 5 weeks ago, so I haven't lost all the weight yet, and should be getting back down to around a size 6 by the time fall arrives.

I have always heard that it is important to have a nice pair of boots with jeans, so I bought a pair of Vicini Black Leather Knee High boots - about 4" heels.

Please let me know if you think the boots look okay - if they are the right style? Not to tall to the knee? If the outfit with the boots over the jeans looks slutty, too sexual, or not and anything else.

I included a picture of my black boots over the jeans. Looking for serious replies and feedback!

jeansbootsgg8.jpg

Thanks!
Carla

I love the boots over jeans look, and they are some gorgeous boots you've got!

The only thing I would say is that I think because the boots are quite high, that you might try to make sure you see more of the jeans above the boot. So maybe a top that's slightly shorter than your red cardigan might work well? That way your legs look as looooong as possible!

By the way, I can't believe you've just had a baby!!:whistle:

Thank you for all the nice comments about my boots and my outfit. I feel much better after hearing this type of encouragement and helps my confidence. Okay! I think I will go for it when the cooler weather arrives, but my problem is now is what type of other outfits can I wear that will look nice? Along with having these boots in black, I bought the same pair in brown too. I also have a darker demin jeans too that is close to the style that I am wearing. I am just not sure on what tops, sweaters, jackets to maybe wear for a new look with my boots over the jeans besides the one I showed you in the picture. If all of you wouldn't mind, could you give me some of your thoughts of an outfit wearing my black and brown boots over my jeans (light or darker denim) and what type of tops or belts to go along with this and I think I will be all set. I have to admit that I am not the best dresser and actually have a hard time seeing myself in things.

Also here is a closeup of the boots I bought (in black and brown)
vicinibootsvl3.jpg

Thanks for all your help!
Carla

I think it looks great. I haven't bought any skinnies so I can't really pull off the look. Every time I try on skinnies I just about gag when I look in the mirror even thought the boots will change the look.

If you wear boots with jeans go for a very dark denim to make it look more sophisticated and equestrian. Also, a high waisted jean or pant would be good. I think tall boots under dresses with thick tights is always good for winter, especially with a great coat.

you look great and omg, you had a baby recently too!! the boots are flatterning on you, you should definitely go with a shorter top to show off your legs more and i would do long sleeves, if you are worried about the slutty/too much skin look. hot momma!!

I think this look is awesome if you have the hips and thighs to carry it off -- which you do! It's 80 degrees in LA right now, but I've seen several people wear this look at night in the past few weeks.

If you wear boots with jeans go for a very dark denim to make it look more sophisticated and equestrian. Also, a high waisted jean or pant would be good. I think tall boots under dresses with thick tights is always good for winter, especially with a great coat.
Exactly what I was about to say!! Much prefer darker jeans, as they are also really slimming...I think it would also look nice with a black trench coat aswell..