Are Blueberry & Cobalt similar colors?

packratmack

Aug 10, 2007
Hi everyone, Are the blueberry & cobalt Havanas basically the same color? I know there are color connoisseurs here that can tell me if there are subtle differences between the two. Also, are the new print linings made of cotton? Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
I guess nobody's got the new blueberry AND the older cobalt. I know that cobalt was a particularly hard color to do and Ben/Toni were very proud of it - it is a vibrant blue - and I see from the web site and photos here and on e-Bay that the blueberry is also vibrant, possibly a hair lighter (not by much), so I'm thinking they are pretty much the same. Are you looking to buy an old-school cobalt? Or are you not wanting to duplicate colors with a new blueberry?

They seem to be renaming some of the colors. I can't see a difference between Brandy and Cordovan, for example.

These two blues look so similar...

Hi, Thanks for replying. Indiaink, I love the cobalt. I recently got a cobalt Havana on ebay with the silk floral lining. I was so worried the color would be too bright. I'm not very flashy when it comes to accessories, so I was worried. The color is better than I ever imagined. So I was wondering if I would be impressed with the blueberry as well. If it is the same as the cobalt I would be happy. Thanks everyone.

Hi, Thanks for replying. Indiaink, I love the cobalt. I recently got a cobalt Havana on ebay with the silk floral lining. I was so worried the color would be too bright. I'm not very flashy when it comes to accessories, so I was worried. The color is better than I ever imagined. So I was wondering if I would be impressed with the blueberry as well. If it is the same as the cobalt I would be happy. Thanks everyone.

Congrats! I love the silk lining in the older Havanas.

Ink was another color HH did. I have it in the 3C Mercer Satchel.

Hi Missypoo, I just love the Mercer Satchel. It must look fantastic in ink. I'd appreciate any thoughts you have on the silk lining. Will I have to baby it? I'm so afraid that it will rip. Thank you.

Last edited:
I have been using my Plum Havana w/ the silk lining and I have had no rips so far. All I can say is just be careful what you put in your bag, ie sharp objects that could snag the liner : ) I wish the Havana's all had that beautiful lining.

Wow! I'm really surprised no one has both a cobalt and blueberry! I'm dying to see side by side. I had a cobalt havana that I had to let go (worst choice I ever made bagwise). It was the most perfect blue and I'm also curious how the blueberry compares. I'm kicking myself for not getting the jinhee when it was on sale but I thought I had the tamasin in blueberry colorblock on the way but it got cancelled.

I went out to Von Maur to see blueberry IRL - it is a brighter blue than cobalt, believe it or not. I saw the blueberry Conrad and my first thought was WOW! Not a good 'wow' either. I went prepared to spend $450 (because I love the Conrad bag) and I came home empty-handed, what does that tell you?

Cobalt is a wonderful deep blue. Blueberry seems to be the comic-book version.

The linings are varied - the F/W 08 Conrad linings, for example, are silky. The Spring 09 lining (the fig, for one) seems heavier duty, but still has a silky feel, just not as 'flimsy' feeling.

These two photos, compliments of Blue fly (Inka) and Hayden-Harnett (Conrad) are true to color. I have the Inka, and I saw the Conrad.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• inka_blue.jpg
    inka_blue.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 202
  • conrad_blue.jpg
    conrad_blue.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 209
and I see from the web site and photos here and on e-Bay that the blueberry is also vibrant, possibly a hair lighter (not by much)

Just saw this, and wanted to say - I just returned a blueberry Havana b/c IRL I didn't think it was vibrant after all, and I was expecting it to be. I thought it was actually kind of muddy/dark, so I was bummed... Can't help w/cobalt though... but I put pics of the blueberry in this thread (the havana on its own + next to an ICP one) http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-h...ew-bags-are-on-site-415359-3.html#post9580102

ETA: Indiaink - our messages just crossed - that's funny, b/c to me I didn't think the blueberry was bright at all! (see above). I guess everyone perceives things differently... or maybe I just got a dud Havana??

May have been a dud Havana, I dunno.

I only know one thing for sure: I remember Ben and Toni commented somewhere that they were very very proud of their cobalt leather - that blue is hard to do.

Hey, indiaink! Is that blueberry leather smooshy or structured? From that pic ^, it looks like it's structured, not buttery like the cobalt.

And, if I may ask, what kind of "wow"? As in, too bright? Not impressed with the leather itself?