are Blue Electrique and Mykonos similar colors?!!

Oct 22, 2011
I have been seeing the new Blue Electrique color and it looks awful lot like
mykonos to me!!!!! Am I the only one?? or it's just the lighting of the pictures....??:confused1::confused1:

I have a Mykonos toolbox and thinking of getting something in BE...
are they similar??

thanks!!

They are too close for me to have one if each. Depends on how much you like blue and how many H bags you have/ want. Having said that many tPF members have multiple bags in the same colour. I would take your Mykonos bag with you when you go to look at BE bags, then you can decide for yourself.

They are too close for me to have one if each. Depends on how much you like blue and how many H bags you have/ want. Having said that many tPF members have multiple bags in the same colour. I would take your Mykonos bag with you when you go to look at BE bags, then you can decide for yourself.

Thank you for the advice!:smile:
I would love to have the chance to see BE in person before I purchase, but the stock is so low right now, I think I will have to go the reseller route, which means I won't have a chance to see it before I buy!!
I haven't even seen a BE SLG in person....

Maybe someone has a side by side comparison picture??
I swear when I search them online, I can't tell them apart 80% of the time....

I live in Southern CA, but right now I am in Salt Lake City for a friend's wedding!!
A reseller has a BE b35 in a good price that I want to buy, but I need to make decision within 2 days!! There is no hermes in SLC......but I won't go back to LA for another 4 days..........

I agree with the others; they are not similar at all other than they both are in the blue color family. I have a couple of bags in the blue color family, but they are not at all similar in look, KWIM? I think it depends on whether you enjoy blues in general, or if you'd prefer to go for a completely different color pallette.

Bleu de Prusse, Bleu Thalassa, Bleu Electrique

Bleu electrique photo credit to ebay seller -

Attachments

• 0e7198ca.jpg
    0e7198ca.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 947
  • 1dc1ff69.jpg
    1dc1ff69.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 904
  • blue electrique.jpg
    blue electrique.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 909
OrangeBoxAddict, sorry I am not near a camera nor my Mykonos belt so I can do a side by side comparison, but here is a picture of my Blue Electric B in togo. It is a bold saturated color with purple undertones. Mykonos does not have these undertones, and it is several shades lighter. PLEASE keep in mind this picture was taken, inside, in the evening with a flash on the camera so you loose a bit of dimension. If you want a bold bag, than BE is a color for you. If you prefer something not so "loud" then you may want to reconsider.

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1,116
I have bags in both colors in Clemence and the main difference that BE is deeper/richer blue and Mykonos is a brigher blue. Also, I see a bit of violet/royal purple in BE and none in Mykonos which is more a deep sky blue.

the ladies are right of course!!! BE is a very intense blue with purple undertones. Mykonos is pure blue..here are some comparison pics (taken at night with flash). HTH.

BE swift, Mykonos swift
DSC06885.jpg

BE swift, Mykonos swift, BE epsom
DSC06882.jpg

the ladies are right of course!!! BE is a very intense blue with purple undertones. Mykonos is pure blue..here are some comparison pics (taken at night with flash). HTH.

BE swift, Mykonos swift
View attachment 1545533

BE swift, Mykonos swift, BE epsom
View attachment 1545532

wow!! thank you so much! Now I can clearly see the difference between the 2 colors!!
I really thought my Mykonos is so bright already, but BE really is much more intense!!
do you find that BE is hard to work into your wardrobe??

wow!! thank you so much! Now I can clearly see the difference between the 2 colors!!
I really thought my Mykonos is so bright already, but BE really is much more intense!!
do you find that BE is hard to work into your wardrobe??

hmmm...i think if you like the colour enough you will make it work with your wardrobe. but i turned down a birkin 35 in BE because the colour is really too intense for me in a bag/tote. i really couldn't picture myself carrying it. i knew that the moment i saw a lady tried on a BE birkin 30 in a H store.......it was like wow...amazing electrifying colour but not for me personally.

but i do have small items in BE - a kelly dog bracelet, 24mm belt and kelly pochette for a pop of intensity ....:smile::smile: