$$$ Are BIG bags here to stay?

I love that there are soooo many big bags coming out!!!!

But it depends upon the person for sure.....I do think that big bags are always in and out as far as trends go...but alot of ppl like me really love and prefer the big bags.....

I like big bags because I'm usually carrying around stuff for my toddler as well as myself, so I need room in my bag. However, I have noticed that I'm being influenced by the trend and now I think smaller bags look funny on me. Though I'm sure smaller bags will come back in style because they've got to sell us something.

It's funny, a few days ago, I was just looking in my closet and thinking how my bags have progressively gotten bigger over the last couple of years, I use to think the MJ Venetia was huge, and now it just seems like a normal size bag. Definitely, my bags are getting bigger, however, I really like the bigger bags. I'm tall, so I don't carry many tiny bags, I look too out of proportion. It is a personal preference and I feel we should carry what we are comfortable with-- for now, for me, I'm loving the big bags, I like my bag to make a statement. :winkiss:

I love that there are soooo many big bags coming out!!!!

But it depends upon the person for sure.....I do think that big bags are always in and out as far as trends go...but alot of ppl like me really love and prefer the big bags.....

:yes:

i love big bags as i find them very practical since it can hold a lot of stuff....... as to whether it is the latest trend or not, i'd still be carrying them....

If you look on the runways, very small bags (often with long straps - which I love!) are making a comeback and of course, clutches (which I adore! :heart: :heart: :heart: ) are very popular, too. :yes:

So, I think either very big, or very small and/or handheld is 'in'.

I'm tall, so I do like big (18") bags, but only if they're soft and slouchy, with a long strap. :biggrin:

I'm quite small (5'2") and very petite but honestly, I look better carrying a big bag, and I love them so much anyway. I'm glad that they are considered "chic" now and hope it's always the case. It seems like before this new big bag trend really hit full swing that only smaller bags were considered fashionable, chic and cutting edge and now big bags are getting some love. Personally I just hope it's evened everything out so that designers continue to make drool-worthy designs in all sizes and keep all of us happy and broke. lol

I love big bags but some are ridicolously huge, I'm thinking of the new Biarritz by Chanel. I don't think it's so comfortable to carry it, and moreover it will be hard to find quickly anything you stored in it

Fashion houses certainly want to sell what's hot, but to a large extent, they influence what's hot. So this has me wondering if, from a profit standpoint, they have an incentive to promote big bags. Is this analagous to, say, home building where the extra amount you can charge for a larger house far exceeds the extra cost of the additional square footage? Once all the major costs for design and labor are in, maybe the materials cost increase to add a few inches to a bag is negligible, but the retail price can be jacked up quite a bit.

Such an interesting thought because I received a speedy 25 for Xmas and now I'm thinking it's too small. I love it as a gift and was my first lv, but if I get another style I'll definitely get the bigge rone!

I've always been a "big bag" carrier, but in the past few years, the term has just taken on a whole new meaning. A "big bag" is the size of luggage now. And while I agree about the practicality (which I still need for work), I've started scaling down. My guideline for casual bags is now about the size of the Kooba Ginger (my first downsizing purchase).

And I think the really huge bags only have a couple of seasons left for now. Of course it's all cyclical and they will be back.:smile:

See now I'm not sure about my next purchase. I really want a Tanner Krolle Eva Tote (totally beyond gorgeous!!) but I was sent some information by an SA this morning and the measurements are as follows:

height 37cm
length 36cm
width 20cm

I'm only 5'2 and I'm concerned that it might be too big for me, might look ridiculous carrying it but on the other hand, the bag is HOT!

I think I tend to carry larger bags anyway, mostly for work.

See now I'm not sure about my next purchase. I really want a Tanner Krolle Eva Tote (totally beyond gorgeous!!) but I was sent some information by an SA this morning and the measurements are as follows:

height 37cm
length 36cm
width 20cm

I'm only 5'2 and I'm concerned that it might be too big for me, might look ridiculous carrying it but on the other hand, the bag is HOT!

I think I tend to carry larger bags anyway, mostly for work.

The bag is beautiful but seems like it would be on the big side for your height. But then again, if you feel good carrying the bag, it'll really show through so go for it!

yup/ esplly when you have a toddler in tow! it goes with your lifestyle and I always love a great designer bag ( Balenciaga, Fendi Spy, Hermes) to top off a casual jeans/ Top combo. Gives it an edge ..;)