Are bid retractions a red flag for honest bidders?

That's a hard one. If there bid retractions didn't raise the price of the bag for you then they weren't trying to inflate the price of the bag, so that's not a worry. I think as long as you had the bag authenticated you should be fine......it's hard to tell why they might have retracted their bids. If you haven't had the bag authenticated I would do that ASAP and make sure it's legit. If it is, I wouldn't worry! Good Luck!

I just did a bit of digging since the eBay watermark (little cam symbol in the lower right corner) on the remotely hosted pictures in the listing bother me and here's what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Auth-Chanel...emQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item1c1097ea07

The seller stole the pictures. :tdown: The bag sold on eBay US for close to 3000US$ and the buyer left feedback on the 6th of March. That and the very low price of only about 600US$ by now raises dark pink flags for me. I'd stay as far away as possible.

I just did a bit of digging since the eBay watermark (little cam symbol in the lower right corner) on the remotely hosted pictures in the listing bother me and here's what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Auth-Chanel...emQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item1c1097ea07

The seller stole the pictures. :tdown: The bag sold on eBay US for close to 3000US$ and the buyer left feedback on the 6th of March. That and the very low price of only about 600US$ by now raises dark pink flags for me. I'd stay as far away as possible.

WOW--Good inverstigative work. not so good for the winner. OP you won right? If so I would report that to ebay.

With that news, I would not pay for this OP. Also I would put the pictures in the Auth this Chanel section here just to get a second opinion? Better to take a NPB strike than to end up with a fake.
OK now I see the auction with the stolen pictures is still going. OP, I would retract my bid for sure after what Kitty found out.

Last edited:
And if you paid already, open a paypal claim IMMEDIATELY to freeze the payment so they can't withdraw the money and take action with ebay as well.

CALL them...and talk to a real rep.

^absolutely agree here.. a red flag waving and waving.. retract

your bid if you can...

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much for helping me out!! Thankfully I was able to retract my bid but I still feel sorry for the winning bidder if he/she pushes with the transaction. I've already reported this to Ebay but I don't know how long it takes for them to investigate..... Thanks again ladies. *sigh* These scammers are really getting soooo sophisticated! :huh: I've had the item authenticated in the Chanel forum and indeed the bag is authentic..... i guess it's a different thing to research item authenticity from researching/investigating seller/auction details :sad:

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much for helping me out!! Thankfully I was able to retract my bid but I still feel sorry for the winning bidder if he/she pushes with the transaction. I've already reported this to Ebay but I don't know how long it takes for them to investigate..... Thanks again ladies. *sigh* These scammers are really getting soooo sophisticated! :huh: I've had the item authenticated in the Chanel forum and indeed the bag is authentic..... i guess it's a different thing to research item authenticity from researching/investigating seller/auction details :sad:
You must have authenticated the pictures only, and/or they did not know they were stolen from another auction? That is why it is always good to give the link.
Glad you got saved here, but feel for the poor person who pays and gets a fake.