Are bags your first love?

Noooooo shoes. Stilettos, specifically. I fell in love with them when I lived overseas and when I moved back into the states they were a BEAR to find!

Now many years later they're everywhere. But the hunt forever imprinted me and while I love bags, the right (skinny heel!) shoes will make me swoon!!

I see what you mean by travelling etc.. but I have to shamefuly admit I spend most of my money on bags and shoes...(excluding the mortgage):cry:, even now I should plan to buy new TV and some little furniture for my new flat, but instead I´m trying to figure out, whether I should buy Balenciaga, Fendi or LV next...

LOVE bags! I don't really "get" the stiletto thing but then I'm 5'10" and never needed to be taller!!!

I have a friend who is goofy crazy about shoes...has a closet full of designer shoes...she doesn't understand the purse thing at all! To each his own!

I like shoes and have quite a few pairs, just not expensive ones. I luck upon Ecco's, Gianni Bini, Liz Claiborne etc., on sale all the time.

oh yeah...bags are DEF. my number one love! Second would have to be clothes, but I am just recently getting really into jewelry. Third would have to be makeup/fragrance/skincare.

Bags are my first love.

I've got wide feet, so shoes are difficult at best. I'm heavier, so I can't wear all of the cute designer clothes.

I used to have a real problem with makeup, too. I could walk into the MAC store and leave with $200 in new colors to play with, no problem.

I love bags, but I also love buying clothes, though I don't shop too often. I don't like to choose between one or the other so I just save for traveling and for bags. :P I love to travel.

It's always been bags for me. For one thing, I love great leather! My style has always tended toward classic clothing and shoes, but distinctive handbags. It became something of a signature for me over the years, because I would often be the oddball in my social circle, but I enjoyed that. I got away from bags for a few years (long story), but I owned really excellent bags, so didn't feel much need to invest in new ones. But of course I returned to my first love again, and am having a mad fling discovering new and exciting designers and styles. It's still about the leather, because I adore leather's sumptuous colors and style, but it's also about expressing my love for accessorizing -- and handbags are my chosen language.

I think it goes bags first. I'd spend a lot of bags because like others said they will always fit and never make you look fat! I'll spend $$$ on a bag and then go shopping at H&M for my clothes. I don't spend like I used to on clothes because bags came into my life and took over my wallet. =)

Bags and shoes top my list. Of course, with a family other things usually take precedence because I like to dress my children well, involve them in extracurriculars and we like to be able to take family vacations. But when there is extra after other things are taken care of, it is bags and shoes!

I'm kind of the same. I don't save up for bags but if I have some money left over after paying the bills etc then I'll likely spend it on a bag. Clothes and shoes are more of an every day purchase for me whereas bags are something I get really excited about! But I don't spend every last penny I have on bags. I only look for one to buy when I either need one or have decided I have the cash to treat myself to one.