Are ATP sandals comfortable?

pvkatchung

May 26, 2016
Several people have said that the ATP Rosa sandals are really comfortable and that the leather becomes wonderful once they're broken in.
upload_2018-1-28_19-17-54.png
Because I have fallen arches, I tend to need shoes with a bit more support and am leaning more towards the Doris sandal but haven't really heard any reviews.
upload_2018-1-28_19-18-40.png
Does anyone have any experience with the brand and/or with the Doris sandal specifically?

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-28_19-13-14.png
    upload_2018-1-28_19-13-14.png
    485.7 KB · Views: 275
  • upload_2018-1-28_19-15-5.png
    upload_2018-1-28_19-15-5.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 244
I got this model (don’t remember the name aorry!) last summer and I found them very comfortable and that they hold my foot really well.
F8F5F95C-F415-4A1E-8562-386B126F480F.jpeg
I haven’t tried the Doris model though so can’t offer any specific advice on these :sad:

Reactions: pvkatchung
I heard the same about the Rosa sandal from a YouTuber who swears up and down by it. I was intrigued and searched for the sandal on many websites. (They’re on sale on Net a Porter).

I stared and many photos and just can’t believe it. I have fallen arches too and these sandals look like they will hurt badly. The sole is so thin! It must feel like walking on concrete. Don’t you think? I mean, if the soles were like Sanuk yoga mat soles, then maaaaybe I’ll believe that it’s comfortable. But I simply don’t believe it lol.

Maybe it “feels” comfortable because the leather top hugs your foot like a glove. So maybe it’s like wearing a leather sock. Sure. But like you, I think of my arches and these just don’t look supportive at all.

I have yet to ever try on a pair - disclaimer. So until I actually try them on, I’m a doubting Thomas with the Rosa. (Not to mention, the style is a tad hippie ish for my usual aesthetic).

I, personally, would choose the Doris over the Rosa, if you gave me both choices. But then again, I have zero experience with this brand. I’ve had similar sandals which hurt because the foot bed was not aligned properly (and the leather was stiff) and I had blisters on the top of my pinky toes.

There you go. Those are my thoughts!

Reactions: pvkatchung
I purchased these as I was able to insert some tiny arch supports without them showing. Only took 2 short wears for the leather to feel really nice.

Attachments

• IMG_4958.JPG
    IMG_4958.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 157