Are all undereye concealers like this?

arnott

O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
Today I went into the MAC store and tried on undereye concealer for the first time! The wand was better than the pencil, and when the SA put it on she blended it in with a brush. It still looked kinda caked on and you could see the makeup under my eyes instead of it looking like my actual skin!

AND it looked like it dried out the area under my eyes, causing lines/wrinkles! WTF!! :cursing: You know how when you skin dries out it gets lines because the moisture was taken out of it? You can only see close-up though...if you stand a few feet away from me it actually looks quite good. And she said this concealer is the most moisture-rich out of all the concealers they have!!

Does what I'm saying make sense? Are all undereye concealers like this? :crybaby:

Oh no, it shouldn't look like that! If she talked you into buying it, you should return it!

It sounds like YSL Touche Eclat or Bourjois Illuminating Pen would work better for you :yes:

Of course not! I really like Benefits under eye concealer. I have Bo ing and Lemon Aid. Both of them work great! They dont cake, you dont have to use a lot, and even though they arent a miracle, they still make my eyes look way better. I was at a 3 day volleyball tournament recently and every morning we had to wake up at seven or earlier to get ready. Each day after I put on my eye concealer, my friends told me I looked so much more awake (only make up I use is boi ng/lemon aid and eye bright). Soooo...I really like benefits eye products :smile:

Try using eye cream and letting it soak in for 10 minutes, then patting the concealer on with your finger under your eyes. The reason most concealers look cakey is because the under eye area is dry.

i have the best combo
get CLINIQUE undereye concealer..its a liquid wand...my 11 yr old even has it to cover her pimples!LOL!
THEN put BOBBI brown under eye brightener over it..u cant see ANY MAKEUP..it looks 100% like your normal skin....and i have HUGE circles normally!

Oh yeah Ive heard Touche Eclat is fantastic! I think its pricey though.
Yeah, I think it's pricey too! Boots no 7 supposedly has a good copycat version of it-- I think it's called Radiant Glow concealer. It's only ~$12 and they have it at Target. The Bourjois Illuminating pen (which is what I'm using right now) is the same idea, only $15. It's very lightweight and radiant. It doesn't really cover, it just reflects the light away. It makes dark circles less noticeable without looking like you've got anything on :tup:

Thanks for your replies, everyone! I feel a little better now. I have La Prairie Eye Contour Cream but I didn't put it on today. Maybe that was part of it.

Any suggestions on how to brighten up my eyes (not just concealer but any other products) would be appreciated!

i have the best combo
get CLINIQUE undereye concealer..its a liquid wand...my 11 yr old even has it to cover her pimples!LOL!
THEN put BOBBI brown under eye brightener over it..u cant see ANY MAKEUP..it looks 100% like your normal skin....and i have HUGE circles normally!
ohh i cant wait to try this!! thanks:yahoo:

i have the best combo

How much do these 2 products cost if you don't mind me asking?

Great thread! I agree that moisturizing is key prior to concealer...

Right now I'm in love with Lancome's Effacernes. It comes in a small tube so it's easy to just squeeze a tiny dab under each eye. I then blend with my foundation and dust with a TINY bit of loose powder under my lower lashline. That helps keep it from creasing, as well as no smudges if I choose to wear liner and mascara on my lower lashes.

Like others have said, moisturizing right before (of course let it be absorbed!) will reduce lines.

okie, for those who rave for YSL's TOUCHE ECLAT, well I'm AGAINST this! lol It's possibly the WORST thing I've used for my eyes. In comparison to MAC's, YSL's dried me up even more! It was cakey and I had lines everywhere!
I use one of the best eyecreams on the market too, so I know it's not my eyes being dehydrated!

My recs:
Lancome's Effacernes
La Prairie's Cellular Light Fantastic Concealing Brightening Treatment
Cle de Peau's concealer

Like others have said, moisturizing right before (of course let it be absorbed!) will reduce lines.

okie, for those who rave for YSL's TOUCHE ECLAT, well I'm AGAINST this! lol It's possibly the WORST thing I've used for my eyes. In comparison to MAC's, YSL's dried me up even more! It was cakey and I had lines everywhere!
I use one of the best eyecreams on the market too, so I know it's not my eyes being dehydrated!

My recs:
Lancome's Effacernes
La Prairie's Cellular Light Fantastic Concealing Brightening Treatment
Cle de Peau's concealer

Hey I thought you recommended TOUCHE ECLAT before.

Do you happen to have prices of your recommendations? TIA!