Are all BV styles soft and slouchy?

Brandless

O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
Since I only have one (at the moment!) and it's a woven style (the veneta), I'm just wondering for those of you who have tried other nonwoven BV bags, are they also as soft and do they get slouchy with use like the veneta? I noticed some deerskin hobos that also look nice and on sale at Bluefly.

I have seen some very structured BVs. Although the leather is soft, they are not slouchy because of the design and frame.

Brandless, I can see you've been bitten by the BV bug! I'll warn you, there's no Rx. The new ball is structured as are some of the satchel styles. But like jburgh said, the leather is soft and luscious even in the structured styles. The deerskin braided handle tote IMHO is the slouchiest. It's like an overcooked noodle.

Deerskin is very slouchy. The feel of the leather isn't smooth like Nappa, but it's soft, if that makes any sense. 2 of my very favorite BV's have been Cervo (deerskin). I think the style determines if the bag is slouchy. Most BV's don't have any frame or stiff construction.

Brandless, I can see you've been bitten by the BV bug! I'll warn you, there's no Rx. The new ball is structured as are some of the satchel styles. But like jburgh said, the leather is soft and luscious even in the structured styles. The deerskin braided handle tote IMHO is the slouchiest. It's like an overcooked noodle.

Really, there is no Rx? I'm doomed then:sweatdrop: Everyday since I got the Ebano, I visit e-bay and sites that sell BV, making sure my next dream bag is still there, hoping it'll still be there when the sale starts, and hoping I'd have saved enough by then! I promised myself that after the second bag, I'll be done for a while. I even have a second choice ( and a 3rd choice...) just in case the next bag I've set my eyes on is no longer available.

Deerskin is very slouchy. The feel of the leather isn't smooth like Nappa, but it's soft, if that makes any sense. 2 of my very favorite BV's have been Cervo (deerskin). I think the style determines if the bag is slouchy. Most BV's don't have any frame or stiff construction.

That's good to know! I've seen some deerskin BVs on Bluefly and they're priced lower than the woven.

My romas and sloane are slouchy....I think compared to other brands, unless you get something framed they are slouchy. Some of the unwoven leather is harder and probably would slouch less.