ardoise vs graphite

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
i haven't seen them in the same leather to say for sure but i do believe that ardoise is a darker, deeper grey.

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
Me neither, I was about to say the same thing (haven't seen in same leather) but I was going to guess that graphite is a shade darker...!

seton

Keeper of the Flame
Authenticator
O.G.
Dec 27, 2006
Alaska
hermesology.com
I think they are both dark grey but it seems to me that ardoise is a dark grey with a blue note w/o actually being blue while graphite in clemence actually looks like bronze in some light.

Oct 25, 2006
I think they are both dark grey but it seems to me that ardoise is a dark grey with a blue note w/o actually being blue while graphite in clemence actually looks like bronze in some light.
I agree. I have ardoise in swift and graphite in clemence.

Oct 12, 2006
I saw a graphite croc Kelly today at H and it was the most beautiful color I've ever seen. I can't even describe how amazing it was.

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
I agree with Seton and Asa. Ardoise has a cooler bluish undertone while graphite is warmer with a hint of brown.

Graphite in Croc is amazing!! I would think the undertones are more pronounced in croc than in leather. I guess that will always be the case with exotics. I wonder if it is the saturation of color or the skin itself thats makes the colours look different?:thinking::wondering

Monica

O.G.
Mar 21, 2008
I have never seen Ardoise in real life, but I have a Graphite Birkin in Clemence and I would indeed describe the colour as warm grey. Depending on the light and the clothes that you wear it blends with the environment.