Ardoise question, please help!!

Hey everybody,

I have been reading on Purseforum for quite a while, but never posted anything. I have a dying question, and couldn't find answer anywhere. I have just purchased a Ardoise Giant Brogue City from Diabro.net. However, to my surprise, I saw there is a Giant Covered City also in Ardoise for sale. Did Balenciaga make both Giant Brogue and Giant Covered City for Ardoise? I hope I didn't buy a fake... Thank you for helping!!:smile:

What's wrong? All I wanted is to ask for a simple question - whether Balenciaga made both Giant brogues and giant covered city for Ardoise. Did I step onto the blacklist? This makes me feel extremely unwelcome!!!! :pout:

What's wrong? All I wanted is to ask for a simple question - whether Balenciaga made both Giant brogues and giant covered city for Ardoise. Did I step onto the blacklist? This makes me feel extremely unwelcome!!!! :pout:

I don't have an answer for you but I don't want you to feel "unwelcome." On Sunday morning, things are really slow. Besides, it is also Thanksgiving weekend, you will get a slower response.

I think the best thing to do is take photos of your bag and post them in the "authenticate this" thread. You will want to take photos of the rivets on the backs of the handles (where they connect to the bag), the inner tag front and back that has the serial numbers on it, and the Bales (Connects the shoulder strap to the bag). This way you will know for sure its the real thing. I hope this helps you!

I think the best thing to do is take photos of your bag and post them in the "authenticate this" thread. You will want to take photos of the rivets on the backs of the handles (where they connect to the bag), the inner tag front and back that has the serial numbers on it, and the Bales (Connects the shoulder strap to the bag). This way you will know for sure its the real thing. I hope this helps you!
Thank you, melovepurse! I will do that.

Diabro sells authentic merchandise, so I really don't think authenticity will be an issue.

As far as "Brogue" versus "covered", originally, Balenciaga referred to the Covered Hardware as just that. In the last year or so, they introduced another line which also had covered hardware and the extra detailing, but they also had bags where the color of the leather underneath the detailing was a different color .. that is what they referred to as the "Brogue" line .. similar to brogue shoes ( hence the name). Ever since introducing the line, it seems that Bal is using the term interchangeably .. which is confusing! You might want to check the reference threads to see if anyone has posted pics of their covered HW/Brogues bags!

Diabro sells authentic merchandise, so I really don't think authenticity will be an issue.

As far as "Brogue" versus "covered", originally, Balenciaga referred to the Covered Hardware as just that. In the last year or so, they introduced another line which also had covered hardware and the extra detailing, but they also had bags where the color of the leather underneath the detailing was a different color .. that is what they referred to as the "Brogue" line .. similar to brogue shoes ( hence the name). Ever since introducing the line, it seems that Bal is using the term interchangeably .. which is confusing! You might want to check the reference threads to see if anyone has posted pics of their covered HW/Brogues bags!
Thank you CeeJay! Good idea, I will check the reference threads!:greengrin:

I have had some unanswered questions in the past, but I guess these things happen. I am sorry to say that I have no idea whether they made both Brogues and CGH but I kinda think that Brogues came after CGH. I bought a black City this August which was Brogues and before that the Boutique SA always showed me the bags as Brogues so ...
Your questions are always welcomed by everyone I am sure. Last time I checked I received dozens of answers on one single question.:love:

I have had some unanswered questions in the past, but I guess these things happen. I am sorry to say that I have no idea whether they made both Brogues and CGH but I kinda think that Brogues came after CGH. I bought a black City this August which was Brogues and before that the Boutique SA always showed me the bags as Brogues so ...
Your questions are always welcomed by everyone I am sure. Last time I checked I received dozens of answers on one single question.:love:
Thank you Cat, you are very kind:hugs: