Ardennes for a Birkin 30?

crazyforhermess

QUOTE me as "CFH"
Jan 27, 2011
Hi everybody!

I found a very good condition preloved Birkin 30 but is in Ardennes. Maybe because it's made of Ardennes that's why the condition is still good:biggrin:. However, when I check through previous threads and posts, I couldnt/havent found an answer that I m looking for and hope TPFers here especially with a Birkin 30 Ardennes could tell me roughly how heavy is this bag ie about a KG or few grams lesser or the same weight like a clemence lindy 30? 34?

(FYI, I gave up a Fjord 35B old version due to its weight and I also sold off a 40 B in Epsom also due to the weight and bulkiness) I may consider this Ardennes 30, firstly because of the size is smaller and secondly, I adore this leather.:graucho:

Also, it helps if you could compare your Ardennes B with Birkin in other leather that you owned too. Thank you in advance! :cool:

Hi everybody!

I found a very good condition preloved Birkin 30 but is in Ardennes. Maybe because it's made of Ardennes that's why the condition is still good:biggrin:. However, when I check through previous threads and posts, I couldnt/havent found an answer that I m looking for and hope TPFers here especially with a Birkin 30 Ardennes could tell me roughly how heavy is this bag ie about a KG or few grams lesser or the same weight like a clemence lindy 30? 34?

(FYI, I gave up a Fjord 35B old version due to its weight and I also sold off a 40 B in Epsom also due to the weight and bulkiness) I may consider this Ardennes 30, firstly because of the size is smaller and secondly, I adore this leather.:graucho:

Also, it helps if you could compare your Ardennes B with Birkin in other leather that you owned too. Thank you in advance! :cool:

CFH - did you ask Kellybeegirl, isn't her Kelly Ardennes?
In my opinion, any 30cm Birkin is manageable in terms of weight. Good luck! :yes::yes:

To begin with, 30 birkin should be light....
I have ardennes leather 40cm birkin and compare to my clemence 40cm birkin, it is like a feather!!!!! Trust me, you will fall in love with ardennes leather!!!:smile::smile:

I hear a lot of good things about ardennes. It is sturdy first of all, and durable. What color is it in? I have seen a gold ardennes in person, it felt a bit like fjord x clemence. Its more like clemence without smoochiness and a bit dry texture. It wasn't buttery soft like swift. Well, it really depends on the animal though, same leather from H but feels and looks different on every single bags, they are all unique. I also don't remember ardennes feeling heavy.

Hi Love-Vintage..you mean Clemence is heavier than Ardennes? I had tried on a Clemence 35 Kelly and it was real heavy. However, I m not sure if Kelly should be more heavier than a Birkin's design.

To begin with, 30 birkin should be light....
I have ardennes leather 40cm birkin and compare to my clemence 40cm birkin, it is like a feather!!!!! Trust me, you will fall in love with ardennes leather!!!:smile::smile:

Yes Honhon, that's why I m really going in for this auction if I have good feedbacks here. The color is Red/Rouge and it looks really really classy.

I hear a lot of good things about ardennes. It is sturdy first of all, and durable. What color is it in? I have seen a gold ardennes in person, it felt a bit like fjord x clemence. Its more like clemence without smoochiness and a bit dry texture. It wasn't buttery soft like swift. Well, it really depends on the animal though, same leather from H but feels and looks different on every single bags, they are all unique. I also don't remember ardennes feeling heavy.

Hi Love-Vintage..you mean Clemence is heavier than Ardennes? I had tried on a Clemence 35 Kelly and it was real heavy. However, I m not sure if Kelly should be more heavier than a Birkin's design.

Yes Honhon, that's why I m really going in for this auction if I have good feedbacks here. The color is Red/Rouge and it looks really really classy.
Love red!! On time for CNY!!

Hi my clemence is much heavier than ardennes. Kelly tend to be lighter than birkin.
Overall, ardennes will not change shape and is pretty easy to maintain. You will absolutely love it!

Hi CFH,

I love Ardennes!!! Love, love, love! Very hardy bag and keeps the shape very well! Well at least to me, I'd get a B30 in Ardennes...the fact that it is hardy and a workhorse! My K35 is my everyday bag and she survived some rainy days with me unharmed and good as new after the ordeal. Lol! B30 is a manageable size! (I'm seeking one in that size too, if it helps)

KBG