Archive: Authenticate This Hermes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, apparently they are slackers in the photo department. Just heard back. The shoulder strap, the lock, the keys and the clochette are all included in spite of the "if it's not in the picture" disclaimer.

Wish I wasn't dirt poor. I'd love to jump into the bidding on this one. I miss my 35 Kelly so bad! :girlsigh:

PP - you may be dirt poor, but you have marvelous taste! :tup:

on the other hand, so we can stay on topic, should this one go away?

seller: ferrecarov76
item: 230320042800
link: http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-HANDBAG-...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:10|39:1|240:1318

Sorry, if I was not supposed to ask this question. I know everything is subjective and what I think is fair someone else may not. But, I honestly, don't know much about Hermes and just wanted someone's input.

Don't be sorry, didn't mean it that way, nothing wrong with the question. I'm new to this thread as well and trying to grasp where questions should be posted. I think that with a reputable reseller (one found on the list), maybe the right thread is "Discuss reputable resellers/ebayers" if authentication is not questioned at the same time. But of course sometimes there can be some kind of doubts with reputable sellers as well. I had a question like this recently with a "sort of reputable" seller.

Time for your magic wand, Perigord!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orange-Hermes-P...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318

:throwup:

de98_3.JPG

Maybe I am loose (!) but I never mind the price question when it is combined with the authenticity question--it seems to a very reasonable "connected" question when a poster is considering a purchase. The next most logical place to really ask would be on the eBay/online Finds thread, but it would be dangerous to post an item there before determining authenticity, as someone reading that thread would assume authenticity was not an issue and might bid on a bag that turned out to be bad.

This is a pre-purchase/learning arena of sorts and for me, answering the rare price question falls into the helpful spirit of the thread. Sometimes the question is critical--if the price is far too low it raises red flags. Too high? In the spirit of helping we can simply tell the poster who poses the question that a bag might be legitimate but could be better bought elsewhere, whether at retail or through a trusted seller. In today's market in particular the chance to buy a bag for a more reasonable price than a year ago is very real.

I do not think new members should be afraid to ask related questions here--if there is a better place we can always refer them to the appropriate thread.
:tup:Especially for a newbie(and I'm sure for everyone for that matter) a reasonable price question is legit. It's always good to know what people think.

Last edited:
Don't be sorry, didn't mean it that way, nothing wrong with the question. I'm new to this thread as well and trying to grasp where questions should be posted. I think that with a reputable reseller (one found on the list), maybe the right thread is "Discuss reputable resellers/ebayers" if authentication is not questioned at the same time. But of course sometimes there can be some kind of doubts with reputable sellers as well. I had a question like this recently with a "sort of reputable" seller.

There is no problem if you want to offer some advice as to price if it comes up. While this thread is not for asking general questions, we aren't going to be that regimented, and still want everything to be "natural." So if an authenticator or poster notices it is an high price or whatever, no problem if they discuss it. Just have fun! Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.