Archive: Authenticate This Hermes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up on this auction for this 35 Kelly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320332262096&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I asked the seller about the missing shoulder strap and got this reply:

Let's just say I sent him a reply with correct information about Kelly shoulder straps. :whistle:

Now I'm wondering if this is an authentic Kelly....

So Kellys dont come with shoulder straps? I want to bid on this one too, but I am not getting a real answer for it. Is it authentic? The bags looks pretty good.

So Kellys dont come with shoulder straps? I want to bid on this one too, but I am not getting a real answer for it. Is it authentic? The bags looks pretty good.

Yes, Kellys come with shoulder straps. This particular Kelly hasn't been authenticated one way or the other yet. I was just a little perturbed at the response of the seller.

Edit note: I just heard back from the seller (after I corrected his comment about the shoulder strap). He said that this Kelly does come with a shoulder strap, but that it wasn't included in the photos for the listing. But this still doesn't answer the authenticity question.

Last edited:
Thank you for chiming in oregonfanlisa and olive519. The photos are excellent, but I had questions regarding the color and leather. Also, I am unfamiliar with the seller so I want to get it authenticated.

no prob tnw...in the meantime you may want to compare this seller's lindy against some of the reputable authentic resellers (like mightykismet's) listings up on e*bay now. Some have very detailed pictures you can use to make judgments.

Yes this is the bag. I asked for more pictures and she kindly took these. If I need more she will provide. Someone questioned the authenticity of the bag and eBay ended the auction. Wish they would have waited till more photos were provided.

Handybags:
I will try to get better photos of these specific areas. Thanks.

Yes this is the bag. I asked for more pictures and she kindly took these. If I need more she will provide. Someone questioned the authenticity of the bag and eBay ended the auction. Wish they would have waited till more photos were provided.

Handybags:

To clarify: Ebay ended the re-listed auction as the bag did not meet the reserve price during the first auction.

Glad the other photos can still be viewed.

I'm confused. Ebay would not end a relisted auction because the first time around the item did not meet reserve. They might have, though, if they had questions regarding authenticity.

To clarify: Ebay ended the re-listed auction as the bag did not meet the reserve price during the first auction.

Glad the other photos can still be viewed.

I'm confused. Ebay would not end a re-listed auction because the first time around the item did not meet reserve. They might have, though, if they had questions regarding authenticity.
No reason to be confused. In a nutshell...
Ebay ended the re-listed auction.
Ebay did not end the initial auction. It ended with the reserve not being met.

Here's the long-winded answer....Initially I saw the bag listed as above. But the listing ended before I was able to get additional info on the bag. The bag was listed in the original auction with a reserve price. This reserve was not met. I figured the bag would be re-listed.
It was. The second (re-list) auction did not have a reserve. There were already 4 or 6 bids and before I bid, I wanted more detailed photos and advice from y'all. I asked the seller for more photos. I got a quick reply that this could be done on Thurs evening. The next afternoon I checked and the auction had been pulled. I emailed the seller again and the reply stated that earlier that day she had received a very nasty email from an eBay member regarding her bag and then shortly thereafter eBay shut the auction down. To my untrained eye it did seem like a true vintage bag, and in much better shape than the first one I bid on. ( Thank you ladies for pointing out the severely cracked leather)

:reading:

Last edited:
The seller says its Clemence but it looks more like Epsom to me. But more pics and ones that are close up are needed to look at particular details such as the zipper, H stamp, etc.
Thank you Olive, Jag and Kallie Girl. Yes, I wondered as it looked epsom leather and not clemence. I shall ask for more pics and close ups of particulars and thank you for your opinions. It is the New Year so I shall try popping in to H boutiques for any cancellations.

Greetings

The Kelly below is a fake. There was a whole batch of fakes produced late 80's/90's that have the same characteristics. Please avoid.

BW

Fleurs.

Handybags:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi

This Kelly looks absolutely fine to me, can't see any areas of concern.

BW

Fleurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada Psycho

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320332262096&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Let's just say I sent him a reply with correct information about Kelly shoulder straps. :whistle:

Hi

This Kelly looks absolutely fine to me, can't see any areas of concern.

BW

Fleurs.

Originally Posted by Prada Psycho

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320332262096&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Thanks so much, Fleurs! I though it was authentic, but I wanted to hear from the pros from Dover first. The seller's first response didn't sit well with me too, so I really wanted to hear from someone here. Thanks! :flowers:

By the way, do you happen to know what year the Kelly had the shoulder strap added as "standard equipment"? I'm thinking it was in the 80's, but was it before that?

Status
Not open for further replies.