Archival Bucket Bag

Jenm1975

Apr 29, 2012
Hi, ladies! So, I have read mixed reviews and can't seem to make up my mind on the Archival Bucket Bag in Black Cherry. I have it in my cart for the Dillard's New Year Sale, and while the price will be a deal, I don't want to buy for the sake of getting a deal. I have a large duffle in graphite which I adore, and I like the size and timelessness of the bucket bag, but I was wondering if any of you who may have the bag could share your opinions. Thanks so much!

I really like this bag. The only issue I have I have with it is that I wish the strap were a little bit wider like the duffle. I too bought one on sale. I just couldn't resist. I use it when I need to carry a lot. The leather is so nice.

Jenm1975 said:
Hi, ladies! So, I have read mixed reviews and can't seem to make up my mind on the Archival Bucket Bag in Black Cherry. I have it in my cart for the Dillard's New Year Sale, and while the price will be a deal, I don't want to buy for the sake of getting a deal. I have a large duffle in graphite which I adore, and I like the size and timelessness of the bucket bag, but I was wondering if any of you who may have the bag could share your opinions. Thanks so much!

Will the additional % off also be online at Dillard's? I was told it doesn't apply to Coach online?

I have one in black but haven't carried her yet. I prefer full-zip tops and although the bucket's top folds in nicely, zip tops are better for keeping stuff securely in the bag during commuting. The closure is a huge style departure for me and is the primary reason I haven't yet snipped the tags and moved in.

The leather is fantastic! The leather is what convinced me to buy this bag. I have plenty of black bags but none with this buttery, smooth, thick leather. The black leather is the softest of the three fall colors, at least when brand new. The black cherry is the second-softest brand new, and the camel is the most structured, IMO. All of them will probably break in nicely and become softer with use.

Have you seen and tried on this bag IRL? If not, would you be able to return it to Dillard's for a refund or is New Years Clearance final sale?

- Front pocket
- Turnlock on said pocket
- Shoulder bag (I'm primarily a shoulder bag girl)

Drawbacks
- Thinner shoulder strap than the duffles
- Lack of full zip top (although the bag's top can be folded inward to provide some security when carrying)

I have one in black but haven't carried her yet. I prefer full-zip tops and although the bucket's top folds in nicely, zip tops are better for keeping stuff securely in the bag during commuting. The closure is a huge style departure for me and is the primary reason I haven't yet snipped the tags and moved in.

The leather is fantastic! The leather is what convinced me to buy this bag. I have plenty of black bags but none with this buttery, smooth, thick leather. The black leather is the softest of the three fall colors, at least when brand new. The black cherry is the second-softest brand new, and the camel is the most structured, IMO. All of them will probably break in nicely and become softer with use.

Have you seen and tried on this bag IRL? If not, would you be able to return it to Dillard's for a refund or is New Years Clearance final sale?

- Front pocket
- Turnlock on said pocket
- Shoulder bag (I'm primarily a shoulder bag girl)

Drawbacks
- Thinner shoulder strap than the duffles
- Lack of full zip top (although the bag's top can be folded inward to provide some security when carrying)

That was the deal killer for me, had it in black cherry but the thin strap was not a fave of mine. As soon as I tried it on I knew it wouldn't work out. Shame because she's a beauty.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I may pass. I got a great deal on a large nylon Dooney satchel yesterday, and while the color is beautiful and I love the look of the bag, the thin strap annoys me as do the thinner Straps on my Lindsey bags. I think I'll probably just hold out for another duffle. I wish Coach would do more with the pebbled leather as my bag shows absolutely no wear and I have been using it exclusively for a few months.

I have this in Black Cherry and I love her. I've been rotating my bags on a monthly basis to make sure I use them and I can't wait to go back to to carrying her. I thought the dog leash closure would bother me but it doesn't and I never had anything fall out. The only thing I wish is that the strap was a little longer, but other than that, the bag is great.

I have both black cherry and camel. I love them. I think it's a classic bag, and my stuff fits great--the lack of a zipper doesn't bother me because the bag is pretty deep and the top sort of flaps/folds in so it creates a kind of closure. The strap width doesn't bother me, either. I don't find it uncomfortable, nor does it slip off my shoulder.