Archer - should I get it now or should I wait?

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
I saw 2 GORGEOUS threads here on the Archer. It has always been at the back of my mind but I love that bag esp in Violet. Not sure if it's the studs or the Violet colour & leather. It could be the whole construction of the bag. Whatever it is, I am in love with Violet Archer. jc's & azgoldengirl's pics sure was a huge push factor for me. BUT I am all spent out. I cannot afford to buy any more bags, at least till about 2 weeks. I also noticed that Treesje bags that POP out on bonz & the likes are very slow(or ratherm, unlikely). Nobody seems to want to let go of their GORGEOUS bags. Maybe they do but not as rampant as other brands. So is it a huge risk if I wait it out? TIA! :smile:

i know it seems really hard to find treesje on the bay or bonz!! i guess that is a good thing...lol...unlike the RMs which are now a dime a dozen....it means people love the bags they buy....I am looking for the marseille now...i dont know i just love the way it looks...there is one site where i found the black and the brown one...i have to hold off too until i make another RM sale i have on bonz...
if you can wait the two weeks i say do it....

The Violet/gunmetal combo is stunning. :drool: Is there one available now at a price that you can afford? Are you trying to wait for a couple of weeks because it's a financial thing, or is it because you're trying to space out the purchases? (Both are good things, though, mind you! ;) Just in case I sound like I'm over-enabling here... :P)

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "risk"... If it's available now at a price that you're comfortable with, and you have the cash in hand to spend on it now without hurting elsewhere, and if you KNOW that you love it enough that you'll regret it if you happen to miss out on it, then go for it now. The key, I think, is making sure that it's not an impulse purchase that you may regret, and that you're not compromising your finances if you go for it now.

(At the end of the day, a bit of a zen attitude can help too: If it's meant to be, it'll be! :biggrin:)

i know it seems really hard to find treesje on the bay or bonz!! i guess that is a good thing...lol...unlike the RMs which are now a dime a dozen....it means people love the bags they buy....I am looking for the marseille now...i dont know i just love the way it looks...there is one site where i found the black and the brown one...i have to hold off too until i make another RM sale i have on bonz...
if you can wait the two weeks i say do it....

Yes it is comforting to know that people hold on to their Treesje unlike RM. :biggrin: You know what? I love the Marseille & I totally blame jc for it. Her pics made me hunt one & I jumped on it not long ago. It came today & apart from the icky box & the icky-ier plastic that holds it, the bag is breathtakingly GORGEOUS & super soft. It hangs really nicely & so comfy to wear. If you can, get it while you can!!!

2iu5728.jpg

This is jc0812's pic & not mine, you mean this bag yeah?​

Well patience is not my virtue. I so cannot wait but my wallets need to breathe.

Last edited:
(At the end of the day, a bit of a zen attitude can help too: If it's meant to be, it'll be! :biggrin:)

I like that! I am going to forget everything you say & drill that in my head! :biggrin:

Reality is, I've spent way too much on bags lately(since CNY started). As much as I want to wait...I am terrified the bag would not be available anywhere when I can. If there was a super great deal on one now(there isn't sadly), I would jump on it, spacing my purchases or not.

if it is a super great deal then it may be worth jumping on sooner so you dont lose the bag...
and yes!! that is the bag i am on the hunt for....sol de mia has it in black and brown...i would get the black one...i just love the way it looks...there is an ocean one on bonz but it is the grande which i feel would be too big....if you see one let me know!!

LOL...I'm glad my pics are enabling you ladies! Treesje is a great brand and I'm so happy many people are discovering it. It is true that their bags don't pop up as frequently on ebay/bonz as other brands, but they do come up eventually. Also, the retail outlets have sales pretty regularly. If you can be patient, I'm sure what you want will eventually come along!

I am eyeing a bunch of the spring bags but I'm tapped out too at the moment, so I am waiting too. :cry:

I like that! I am going to forget everything you say & drill that in my head! :biggrin:

Reality is, I've spent way too much on bags lately(since CNY started). As much as I want to wait...I am terrified the bag would not be available anywhere when I can. If there was a super great deal on one now(there isn't sadly), I would jump on it, spacing my purchases or not.

LOL, glad that last bit helped! ;) I try to stick by it too, as it at least helps me hold off on buying stuff too impulsively... Sometimes. :P

Hmm, it may be a better move to try to give yourself some breathing room, make sure you're enjoying what you have before you go for the next one. I've amassed my entire collection at a pretty breakneck speed over the past year or so, with some "binge" periods too, and whilst it's not as large as some of the great collections on tPF, I'm definitely at the point where I feel that I don't need to have every bag that I drool over. One thing that helps keep me in check (*coughsometimescough*) is never paying full price for anything, though. It ties in with the zen-ish attitude towards it as well, as if I can't get a bag at a price that I'm comfortable with, then I know that's a sign that I ought to just admire it from afar! ;)

Ooh, and congrats on the Marseille!! Is yours in Black Shine like jc's too? I love that bag, I have it in Ocean, and it's just such a unique shape and design... And it fits a tonne too! :biggrin:

jc is yours the grande or the regular?? i absolutely love it and need one!! lol....how does it compare size wise to a MAB?? thank you!!

Mine is the regular. I would compare it size wise to a MAM, rather than an MAB. Since you're an MAB girl, you may want to go for the grande?

i am not sure...the only one in black for sale is the regular...i love the ocean on bonz but i think black would be more useful to me colorwise....i love my MABs but I always have a bit of room left in it....and for some reason the pics of the grande i have seen online on the models looks so huge to me..lol...so i think i am going to get the regular...its on sale so as soon as some funds clear with PP from a RM sale I made i will just go for it....thanks jc!!

yes lol!!! i dont want to lose it the way i lost the magnolia....its on sale for $375 so i think thats not too bad...so maybe i will have a double reveal for you ladies next week!!