Aquariums

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for aquariums to visit. I was trying to look online to see if there was a "TOP AQUARIUMS" list, but failed. I would love to know which aquariums you have been to and what made it so unique.

I have been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach and I guess you can count the Shark Reef in Vegas? LOL.

2. I think the Aquarium in Baltimore is an absolute must. Im a bit of an Aquarium fanatic and this one is by far one of my favorites. And in a great locaiton too.
    Also a fan of the one in Boston. The setup is breathtaking.

3. ^ ITA, the one in Baltimore is awesome. I've been there several times, and it's great each time. It's actually our National Aquarium! :tup:

Also, idk what you're into specifically but I'm a huge shark nerd (LOL) and I just read that the Camden Aquarium in NJ has a shark exhibit right now & they just became one of only 2 aquariums in the US to have hammerheads on display. The other is in Georgia, I think. You could easily do Camden & Baltimore in the same trip-- they're only ~2 hours apart.

It looks like Orlando has some good ones, too. There's Sea World/ Discovery Cove and Living Seas at Epcot.

4. "The Aquarium in Tampa Bay is absolutely awesome!

5. The one in Atlanta is fabulous!

Actually the Shark Reef in Vegas is getting better all the time. We now have a Kamodo dragon! Our hammer head died :sad:

6. The Oceanário in Lisbon, Portugal is HUGE and and shows the different habitats/species in the ocean.

http://www.oceanario.pt/

7. Another vote for the one in Baltimore - when I lived there, I used to get an annual pass so I could just go hang out in the rainforest!

8. New England Aquarium in Boston. I LOVED it... the entire bottom floor is like penguins, penguins, penguins!!

9. ^ Agreed! The NE Aquarium in Boston is awesome!

10. The Aquarium in Atlanta

The Aquariun in Baltimore is also very beautiful and IMO an absolute must!

11. Another vote for Baltimore,

I love the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I know you've already been there, but it's so great.

12. The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago is great.

13. My son just visited the one in Atlanta, and said it was awesome - they had a huge "tube" and several whale sharks!

14. New England Aquarium is my top pick, I think my BF and I spent half an hour watching them feed the little penguins. The column tank is really great too, the sea turtles were my favorite in the tank.

15. The fiance is a big aquarium nerd and we sometime travel TO visit aquariums. :upsidedown: One of our favorites is the one in Atlanta - awesome!