April 2020 production

BowieFan1971

Cat mom, wife, mother of a US Navy corpsman
Jun 19, 2020
I collect LVs whose date codes have meaning for me. I just got married on April 4th and would love to eventually have a piece with that week’s date code. I know many of the factories were closed at that time, but a few were open. Anyone know what pieces came out that week or have any, so I know what to be on the lookout for? Would be 1240 or 1250.

Thanks!

Reactions: MooMooVT
It’s not weird, it’s not a fetish. I love that my vintage second hand bags have history and a personal meaning for me. I have 6 LV bags, 4 were made the month and year my son was born (0958). Another I just bought was made in 5/5, my son’s birthdate. I would like one made the week I married the love of my life. What’s so weird about that?

Come on, don't need to get offended, I know that it is fashionable these days, but please, don't.
But to answer your question: those codes are industrial numbers for internal use, that is why they are usually hidden in the hardest-to-find corners. There is nothing romantic about those numbers. And looking for anything from April just limits your choices in a weird way, while it is not even vintage being 3-4 months old. And the code is just a rough approximation to the special day, because of the week-format. If you get something brand new from Vuitton, you will get a piece that was made the year you married the love of your life. It doesn't sound worse than 'it might had been made somewhere around that day in April'.
And there are so many nicer ways to add that special sentimental value. You can always ask Vuitton to hot-stamp the date on them, yes they can do numbers. Or stamp your and your partner's initials. Or have a Mon Monogram piece and use your and your partner's favourite colours for the stripes and either the exact date or your initials. That would be very very personal.
Or if you insist on a used piece, there are talented artisans who can do the painting, or Vuitton would also hot stamp for you of course. I just simply recommend you to choose something you actually like for what it is, and not for the week it was made. And then you can make it more personal and romantic than by having a certain industrial number buried somewhere inside.

Reactions: Stansgirl
Wow.

I do choose what I like. I don’t buy something just because of a number. If, when I find out what was made in April 2020 and I don’t like them, I am not going to buy them simply because of a date. But if when it was made has a correlation to a special event for me, and I enjoy that along with my bag and I choose from many similar available bags using that criteria, so what? They are my bags, not yours. There was no need to call it a weird fetish. It makes no less sense than buying a LV just to impress someone or make them jealous, which is a motivation for a good number of LV buyers. I was asking a question about bags made in a specific timeframe, not for commentary or opinions of why I was looking for them.

Ever heard the saying “if you can’t say anything nice, maybe you shouldn’t say anything at all?” Or maybe “silence is golden”?

Last edited:
Reactions: white houses
You clearly just want to get offended. You have a VERY special criteria for bags that only 2-3 othere people share here out of the tens of thousands of members. I didn't say that it was wrong, I said it was rare. Calling it a fetish means that, it is rare. And I was constructive by recommending other, more easily doable options, but you just want to get offended. So sad.

Reactions: Stansgirl
@BULL you've given me such great ideas for doing a Mon Mono piece. Thank you for all of the great ideas!

@BowieFan1971, I believe your date codes of 1240 and 1250 are correct for the first 2 weeks of April 2020.

I do agree with you and BULL about the date code fetish and yes, I do think it is a fetish as it is something certain people really enjoy. I can understand it being a hidden sentimental thing. I can also understand (and my personal belief) that it is nothing more than something for internal use for repair purposes, etc. and not to be admired at.

You like what you like!

Reactions: sashnash and BULL
I also got married on April 4, 2020 and would love to have a piece that commemorates that special week in my life. You're not weird for wanting that. Congrats to us :heart:

Congratulations! Did you have to cancel your plans? We did...it was just the two of us on our back porch with the officiant and our dog.

And thanks.

Calling it a fetish means that, it is rare.
Fetish is usually used in the context of sexual desire (at least where I live) which is probably why it triggered OP as nothing about her original post suggest that at all.... I've seen several threads of people who want to find a Speedy or something made in the year they were born, so I don't know why this is any different or weirder.

To OP: I don't know what new pieces came out then but I do know the Pochette Felicie was being sold during that timeframe because I kept debating about buying it (I saw it add to cart on the site).

Reactions: BowieFan1971
Fetish is usually used in the context of sexual desire (at least where I live) which is probably why it triggered OP as nothing about her original post suggest that at all.... I've seen several threads of people who want to find a Speedy or something made in the year they were born, so I don't know why this is any different or weirder.

To OP: I don't know what new pieces came out then but I do know the Pochette Felicie was being sold during that timeframe because I kept debating about buying it (I saw it add to cart on the site).

Yes, that is the correct context for fetish. It is sexual obsession attached to an object or attaching a magical connotation to an object. It does not mean rare by any starlet he if the imagination and is usually refers to a behavior that is freakish.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pochette Felice! I will put it on the list of items to keep an eye out for.

I collect LVs whose date codes have meaning for me. I just got married on April 4th and would love to eventually have a piece with that week’s date code. I know many of the factories were closed at that time, but a few were open. Anyone know what pieces came out that week or have any, so I know what to be on the lookout for? Would be 1240 or 1250.

Thanks!
You will have to either check preloved sites where they list the date code or go into a store to check. Even if bags were made about the time, you will not be guaranteed that date code...

Reactions: BowieFan1971

That sex-thing is secondary meaning. Even the big Oxford dictionary says so.
Yes, I have seen those threads. All 3 of them in the last 5 years. So it is far from being typical. Let’s get triggered about anything, it is 2020.

Yes, that is the correct context for fetish. It is sexual obsession attached to an object or attaching a magical connotation to an object. It does not mean rare by any starlet he if the imagination and is usually refers to a behavior that is freakish.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pochette Felice! I will put it on the list of items to keep an eye out for.
It is just cherry picking from a plethora of levels of meanings with the intent of being triggered. Not to mention that fetishists are not freaks. Your implying that is practically hate speach towards them. The whole thing started because you feel that having a fetish is bad or something to be disgusted about. This is the kind of thinking that creates a hostile environment for sexual minorities. Toxic and sad.
And since we are still talking about handbags: I assume that you haven’t heard about the 2011 FW Collection by Marc Jacobs that was called Monogram Fetish featuring a beautiful lacquer canvas with contrasting white stitching. Let’s get triggered and cancel MJ for that, so dirty!