Appropriate for a formal?

Chanel522

O.G.
Nov 8, 2009
I was thinking of wearing this HL dress with nude platform pumps and a bronze metallic clutch to a formal for my husband's company on April 17th, but I don't know if it's a little too "coctail-ish" for a formal. Would you wear a long gown or do you think this is appropriate. I don't want to look out of place.

If you have any suggestions or ideas I'd appreciate hearing them. Also, if you have pics of other dresses that might be a better choice, post away!! Thanks :smile:

Attachments

• herve%20leger%20at%20hautelook.png
    herve%20leger%20at%20hautelook.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 74
  • jennyvheidivKielyWilliams.jpg
    jennyvheidivKielyWilliams.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
its funny. i HATE pink. HATE pink.

reg. conversion my mom and i have once a week
mom - what do you think of this dress/shirt/skirt?
me - its pink
mom - yes, but aside from the colour, how do you think it looks?
me - i think it looks pink.

yet i LOVE that dress. but dont tell my mom!! PLEASE!!

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that the HL was more of a dinner dress or coctail party look than a formal so I'll wear that one maybe when we go away just the two of us later on this spring. I just can't find any long dresses that I love. I'm going to keep looking and if anyone finds anything really great, please post. Thanks again!!

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that the HL was more of a dinner dress or coctail party look than a formal so I'll wear that one maybe when we go away just the two of us later on this spring. I just can't find any long dresses that I love. I'm going to keep looking and if anyone finds anything really great, please post. Thanks again!!

if you are comfortable saying, what is your price range you are comfy in? easier to make suggestions when we know.

What do you think of this BCBG? It's actually really inexpensive also, only $298, BUT it's all sold out on the website so I guess I have to call stores to see if they have it. I'm not in love with it, but it would be fine if I couldn't find anything else. I do really like the color a lot. I would need a size 0, maye a 2 depending on how tight it would be in the chest area, if anyone sees it anywhere.

Attachments

• pBCBG1-6917907dt.jpg
    pBCBG1-6917907dt.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 60
With all the discussion about what exactly constitutes formal that I've read on the forum lately, I would ask some of the female employees or other wives about what is appropriate to wear. It seems formal wear can go the whole range from floor length gowns to cocktail dresses these days.