Apprentice Fall 2005

Oh I always watch the Apprentice.! I love watching DT in his helicopter, limo, airplane, it's so contrived but oh so entertaining. I hope Randall wins this time, I think his performance has been consistently impressive

:nuts: I am pleased, in my own weird way, to say that I was at an event last week where my husband and I were comfortably seated but Donald ***** was forced to stand in the aisle!

With the exception of his grandmother dying, I didn't see that much of Randall in the early episodes. In fact, the first time I remember hearing him talk during a task was the learning annex class about "standing out" (which sounded like the most abstract and stupid class a person could take). So for a while, I was confused why he was always the first choice when teams got to pick a new member.

But after watching him and Rebecca team up, I could see that he was a rare contestant - very diplomatic and polite, but calculating as hell! When they stole the bullhorns for the Shania Twain task I was stunned! And that act alone won them the task (the winning margin was like ~10 calls).

He is really taking a beating during the final task. He isn't leading very well, but he happens to have great team members that is effective at delegating to. The charity head didn't seem too impressed with Randall - and even commented that she thought another person was the leader instead, and that Randall didn't grasp the main message of Autism Speaks. And I have a feeling the weather will do him in.

Rebecca might have a similiar problem if she can't find another MC, but I'm sure she can find someone quickly who is better than Joe Piscipo. Joe Piscipo, really? And I can't believe his union is kicking up such a fuss about him MCing a charity event. He must be in the worst union in the world, because seriously what has he done lately?

SPOILER WARNING

Wow Just wow! ***** clearly wanted to hire them both, but Randall decided to skip being gracious and decided to hog the glory. What a pig! And the multi-million dollar "consulting firm" he runs in Newark - I doubt it from the looks of his home.

I don't think he did a good job on his task, he delegated everything and did nothing. And he didn't even check the weather.

I am very dissapointed with Randall's choice. I hope karma catches up with him.

chemlex said:
SPOILER WARNING

Wow Just wow! ***** clearly wanted to hire them both, but Randall decided to skip being gracious and decided to hog the glory. What a pig! And the multi-million dollar "consulting firm" he runs in Newark - I doubt it from the looks of his home.

I don't think he did a good job on his task, he delegated everything and did nothing. And he didn't even check the weather.

I am very dissapointed with Randall's choice. I hope karma catches up with him.

I have to disagree with you on this. It is NOT fair for Randal to have to share his victory...Bill didn't (i love bill) and Kelly didn't either. So why should Randal? He won fair and square. True, he didn't check the weather, and Carolyn just wouldn't let that die, and I agree...I mean, that's just common sense...but he (and the team) recovered nicely.

^^^ That's exacly what I was thinking !!! It was not fair for DT to even put Randall in that position, no, he did not to that to others, and from what I can recall, Rebecca was no more impressive than the previous runners up. Totally agree blackbutterfly!!!!!

blackbutterfly said:
I have to disagree with you on this. It is NOT fair for Randal to have to share his victory...Bill didn't (i love bill) and Kelly didn't either. So why should Randal? He won fair and square. True, he didn't check the weather, and Carolyn just wouldn't let that die, and I agree...I mean, that's just common sense...but he (and the team) recovered nicely.

Completely agree!

I agree that it was unfair to leave the choice up to Randall - making a decision like that in front of a live national audience is excruciating.

But, I disagree with what he said. Hiring Rebecca would not have affected his position because she wanted the other task. It would have only affected his glory. His decision went against everything that the other candidates had to say about him, and *****'s assertion that he "led by niceness."

But it was a lose-lose situation for him. If he said "Go ahead, hire Rebecca" he would share his title. By what he did, he has made people (especially me) doubt that he really was the person he projected himself to be.

And I think the rain actually saved him - because his event was not going all that well and the executives at Outback and Autism Speaks were not that impressed by him. By forcing him to make last-minute changes, it excused the quality of his event and made him look like a better leader for making the changes so quickly and successfully. If the event went as planned, I think it would have revealed how poorly Randall really did.

If ***** had interviewed the executives at Yahoo and Outback to compare Rebecca and Randall, it would have been a no-brainer that Rebecca won. Of course, by looking at how each candidate catered to the charity they were working for, Randall was better at raising money. Rebecca should have done an auction like Randall did, and I am surprised she didn't think of it. Yahoo really tied Rebecca's hands at raising money, whereas Outback didn't really care. I actually think it's hideous that Randall only raised 11k - that event probably cost 50k to put on. With that many people there, they should have raised more!

The live show was pretty crappy. The microphones didn't work on George and Caroline. And why couldn't someone put the lights on the candidates to see who stood up when Randall polled them?

blackbutterfly said:

This is true.
Randall deserved to win i dont care what anyone else says. And the fact that he chose not to share his victory with Rebecca takes nothing away from the fact that he is a great leader, motivator and speaker.

I wouldnt have done it either. What's the point of the whole frikin' show if theres going to be two winners. It was silly on trumps part to even suggest it.

blackbutterfly said:

Totally agree. The question was not fair and in such bad taste. That was not the time. He could have asked Randal privately. Or...since ***** liked Rebecca so much, he could have hired her later, like he's done with others.