Apply To Become A New Balance Product Tester!

Dec 5, 2006
I'm assuming this is the correct place to post this. If not, mods..please feel free to move it! Thanks

Would you like to give feedback on shoes and apparel by testing out FREE products?

I'm assuming the answer would be yes! Well, New balance is looking for product testers to
apply to be part of their New Balance Wear Test program! They have openings available for adults and kids. Please keep in mind that the application is long and detailed, so make sure to give yourself enough time to complete it.

http://weartest.newbalance.com/Apply/Index.asp?Reference=GettingStarted&%7E=

Ummm... am I missing something? I'm not sure why anyone would want to do this? You don't get to keep the shoes, you don't get compensated for your time, you have fill out all of these lengthy surveys, and you have to keep wearing the shoes for 8 weeks even if you don't like them. That doesn't really sound like fun to me. The only benefit I can see is that you get to wear shoes without paying for them for 8 weeks, but then you have to send them back. So if you like them, you can't buy them anywhere because they're prototypes. And if you don't like them, tough, you still have to wear them.

I am a product tester for a local company that mostly tests cleaning and food products, and they pay you $50-100 for each test you participate in, which happens for me maybe 3 or 4 times year depending on the demographics they're looking for. Sometimes the test is an hour on location, sometimes it's several weeks using a product in your home. I understand that "paying" a tester might make it look like the company is paying for positive feedback, but I've probably given more honest negative than positive feedback over the years. And there's no way in hell I would continue doing it for free! I really like New Balance shoes, but not THIS much! Interesting post though, maybe there are some really bored runners out there with lots of time to spare...:smile:

^^ Sorry...Because I post so many offers, I don't have time to read the details first. Had I done so and had I known this, I wouldn't have posted it. I'm shocked that you don't get to keep the shoes or receive compensation. No wonder they have openings!!

^^ Sorry...Because I post so many offers, I don't have time to read the details first. Had I done so and had I known this, I wouldn't have posted it. I'm shocked that you don't get to keep the shoes or receive compensation. No wonder they have openings!!

Oh my gosh, please don't feel bad!!!

You are AWESOME for all the deals you post!!