Tech Apple Watch

I got the 42mm in gold with the pink band. At first I was kind of meh but I have to say it's growing on me! I really like it for the activity levels because it reminds me to stand, walk, and breathe. Great for when I'm sitting at a desk at the office. I also like that it shows my texts and phone calls when they come in, and I can respond or not. No more digging for my phone in my purse. I'm also using it to track my daily steps. It's turning out to be more functional than I had thought it would be!

Reactions: trigirl and TraGiv
Calls and texts come thru and light up phone but no sound comes out. Phone and watch set on custom. Reset to factory and downloaded apps one by one. Phone replaced once. Glitch returned.
Any ideas?
Check your do not disturb settings on your phone. What ios version are you on.

Is do not disturb turned on.

Let me know.

iOS version is 11.4.

My dad turned 70 last month and is not the most technologically savvy guy out there [emoji6]. He has an iPhone but only uses it for the basics - email, text, calls and the occasional website. No music, app usage, etc.
I saw someone wearing an Apple Watch today and it hit me that it might be good for my dad. He has gout and neuropathy so sometimes it’s hard for him to get to the phone when it’s out of reach. If he had the watch he could see who it is before making the effort. He also had a stroke 2 years ago while he was home alone. I assume you can make emergency calls with this?
Just wondering if I’m on the right track. Would getting an older version be more user friendly? Or is there a different watch? Saw the Fitbit Versa, which has less apps so not sure if that’s the better option for him. Please advise!

Go with the Applewatch.
Fitbit is cool, but does not allow to send calls/messages and with iPhone you can call 911 simply by holding the crown button.
I got the Fitbit ionic for the battery life and music feature. I prefer the Applewatch if I’m out and about.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: abs914
I’ve had my Apple Watch for around eighteen months now. In the last few days, I have struggled to get through the day with an overnight charge. This is especially frustrating as I use the exercise features and the watch has been going into power reserve after about fourteen hours before I’ve finished trying to close the rings. This is without doing any long workouts which I know will drain the battery.
I guess this is only going to get worse. I was wondering how much longer the watch is going to last? It’s a gen 1 watch, should I consider replacing it soon. I chose the Apple Watch as I have an iPhone but looks wise it wouldn’t be my first choice. I prefer a more conventional looking watch, but want the smart watch features. Any advice please.

I’ve had my Apple Watch for around eighteen months now. In the last few days, I have struggled to get through the day with an overnight charge. This is especially frustrating as I use the exercise features and the watch has been going into power reserve after about fourteen hours before I’ve finished trying to close the rings. This is without doing any long workouts which I know will drain the battery.
I guess this is only going to get worse. I was wondering how much longer the watch is going to last? It’s a gen 1 watch, should I consider replacing it soon. I chose the Apple Watch as I have an iPhone but looks wise it wouldn’t be my first choice. I prefer a more conventional looking watch, but want the smart watch features. Any advice please.

I have decided against the Apple watch. It does not look pretty on my wrist. I am eyeing the Movado smartwatches and the Fossil smartwatches. I prefer Movado for looks/function but have to sort out my budget first.

Just like the phone, the battery wears out after awhile.
Apple can replace. Take in or call and they’ll tell u what to do.