Apple OS X Leopard: Yay or Nay?

effinhaute

Sep 18, 2006
I own a Mac Pro, however I purchased it a month ago so it didn't come with the Leopard. I am wondering if it is worth buying though, what do you guys think? Anybody upgrade to Leopard yet? Let me know what you think! THANKS!! :smile:

give me about an hour and i can let you know! i'm just burning stuff on to dvd so that i can install it :yahoo: (i tend to fill my hd aaaalll the way to the top :whistle: ).

UGH this is actually what I am trying to do right now. I got my Install disk, did it, and how have a horrible blue screen (I'm flashing back to Windows.... :Push:smile: Apparently it's some kind of glitch. Fun times... I was SO jazzed to start using this OS!

UGH this is actually what I am trying to do right now. I got my Install disk, did it, and how have a horrible blue screen (I'm flashing back to Windows.... :Push:smile: Apparently it's some kind of glitch. Fun times... I was SO jazzed to start using this OS!

yikes :wtf:

i had a bit of a scare, the first time it only partly installed (it said it couldn't install so i thought i'd just start it up in 10.4, since i should really be finishing my dissertation rather than installing a new OS two days before it's due :wtf: ), and it took me to a login screen and my password wouldn't work :wtf: long story short, i did an archive-install and it all works now. i'm even sort of liking the default desktop image :lol:

I'm a member of the Apple Developer Connection, so I'm waiting on my complimentary copy. *whistles* My boyfriend and friend have installed one of the recent release candidates, and they've been really excited about it. If you're looking for some opinions and discussion of Leopard, my other favorite forum (Ars Technica) has plenty of that: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/8300945231

I didn't know they give out complimentary copy to ADC member. Where can I find that info? TIA.

Okay I got my IT guys to fix my blue screen of death today at work... and I LOVE it! I'm an educator and there are so many cool things I can't wait to integrate into our school's curriculum. It's so sleek and fun!

I purchased my Macbook about a week before Leopard was released. Since I'm within the timeframe I could get the Leopard for 9.99. I purchased it of course and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Once I install it I'll let you know what I think.