Apple MacBook or Sony Vaio C-Series -I need your vote!

Thanks everyone for your input! Very helpful after reading each post!

I talked to several more people and Vista apparently needs more patching and might be a little bit more difficult (to work with) in the long run.

I'm concluding that I'll go with the MacBook which I'll be ordering tonight and it includes a rebate for a printer! I need a laptop by next month, so I wouldn't get the academic deal with the nano and printer -but thanks for pointing that out. Could be very useful for someone else!=)

Thanks guys and perhaps others will also find this thread equally as useful.:flowers:

Glad we could help some :smile:

Let us know how you like it once you get it! It's always great to hear switcher stories.

Oh, and just so you know, there is a Norton Antivirus for Macintosh, but DO NOT buy it. It actually has an open door issue with the coding that can allow a virus to get into your system.

Thanks everyone for your input! Very helpful after reading each post!

I talked to several more people and Vista apparently needs more patching and might be a little bit more difficult (to work with) in the long run.

I'm concluding that I'll go with the MacBook which I'll be ordering tonight and it includes a rebate for a printer! I need a laptop by next month, so I wouldn't get the academic deal with the nano and printer -but thanks for pointing that out. Could be very useful for someone else!=)

Thanks guys and perhaps others will also find this thread equally as useful.:flowers:

Yay! Welcome to the Mac family. :yes:

For everyone else who is even thinking about buying a Mac - wait until September when they have their academic specials. It's well worth it.