Apple Laptops

naah, it just makes you skip the internet set-up step when you set everything else up. it should still find a network automatically if there is one as long as you have the airport card switched on.

naah, it just makes you skip the internet set-up step when you set everything else up. it should still find a network automatically if there is one as long as you have the airport card switched on.

Thankyou so much for your help :flowers: , So how do I know if the Airport card is switched on ?. Thankyou

it's in the status bar at the top right of the screen to the left of the time, keyboard language, battery status etc.. it looks like a curved inverted triangle with grey lines if there's no network in range, black lines if there is a network and just a white empty inverted triangle if the card is off. click on the triangle and it'll give you a drop-down menu with the option of switching it on or off.

here's a picture of where mine is, from left to right:

adium, ichat, isync, airport, volume, battery charge, keyboard language, time, bluetooth and spotlight. you probably won't have all of those things but some of them should at least look familiar.

it's in the status bar at the top right of the screen to the left of the time, keyboard language, battery status etc.. it looks like a curved inverted triangle with grey lines if there's no network in range, black lines if there is a network and just a white empty inverted triangle if the card is off. click on the triangle and it'll give you a drop-down menu with the option of switching it on or off.

here's a picture of where mine is, from left to right:

adium, ichat, isync, airport, volume, battery charge, keyboard language, time, bluetooth and spotlight. you probably won't have all of those things but some of them should at least look familiar.

OMG thankyou so much, yes I have it :flowers: . If you were here I would give you a hug and a kiss :shame: but since your not, Im blowing you one :love: