apple garde vs. lubriderm

Hi! i have an ivory b-bag that i use the heck out of and it's in pretty bad condition, meaning it's super dirty. i need expert advice on whether to use lubriderm on it. i really want to but now that i look at my lubriderm bottle..i noticed that i'm using the 15% SPF sunscreen one and not the original lubriderm. do you guys think that it will have the same affect or if its even OK to use this??? please help

Nat_attak, I am not sure it's a good idea to use this on a white bag. You might color it.

Most people on this forum have lubed bags that were dark colors (or at most a lilac). But as far as i know, there is no succes story on a white bag. Be careful. :sad:

betises_lau said:
Nat_attak, I am not sure it's a good idea to use this on a white bag. You might color it.

Most people on this forum have lubed bags that were dark colors (or at most a lilac). But as far as i know, there is no succes story on a white bag. Be careful. :sad:

yeppers, i might try the AG products on it first & if you're gonna try lubriderm, only use the "daily moisture" in the blue & white bottle or tube :smile:

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 92
I might be careful using lubriderm or any conditioner over a bag that shows surface dirt, and maybe hasn't been cleaned in a while. Coach leather cleaner has performed some real miracles recently. Maybe clean first (with product of your choice), and then do AG conditioner (or lubriderm). I mean, you wouldn't moisturize your skin if it was dirty, right?

Soleil said:
hmm..... is there something I should know about silicone? My face lotion has it:amazed: Is it bad for skin? Not good for leather? oh dear oh dear, my face and my bags :sad: .. but it makes the face looks and feels sooo smooth...
I don't know about silicone but the 2nd & 3rd ingredient in Lubriderm, mineral oil & petroleum are VERY bad for your skin. And, its in just about all skin care, even baby products! Mineral oil is banned in Europe. Its a known carcinogenic, smothers your skin so it can't breathe & clogs your pores. It is known to cause facial aging. And, why??? is it still in everything???? Cause it is cheap!

P.S. USP-grade mineral oil is NOT comedogenic. As with any skin care product YMMV. Skin is a living organ and moisturizing the skin helps to hydrate it and give a temporary fix.

layla said:
P.S. USP-grade mineral oil is NOT comedogenic. As with any skin care product YMMV. Skin is a living organ and moisturizing the skin helps to hydrate it and give a temporary fix.

this is very true, as my bordeaux compagnon can attest...i tried lubriderm on my baby's boo-boo tonight & it made it disappear :tender:

aaallabama said:
this is very true, as my bordeaux compagnon can attest...i tried lubriderm on my baby's boo-boo tonight & it made it disappear :tender:

:smile: ^ aaa :tender:

The American Academy of Dermatology are advocates of Lubriderm and if it's good enough for them...yada, yada, yada ;)