apple garde vs. lubriderm

hehe... yup, no cloth for me... just my hands, a light touch and a lot of circular (but very gentle) massaging. I used almost an entire bottle of apple lotion btwn 2 bags (a day/hobo and a 4-pocket tote) and I rubbed in the lotion for about 10 minutes into each... adding lotion liberally. I let it dry and then buffed it with a soft t-shirt (then AG'ed it)

wow, ok. i guess i used the cloth when i wanted to clean it too. but for new bags, there's no need to clean. i'll try your technique if i ever get my cornflower blue shrug resolved.

didi78 said:
Hi bbagbubba! oh, you're so sweet, but I am actually pretty new at all of this...joined about a month ago. I learned so much from everyone here at the forum, in fact, the AG product is something that people here have been using for a long time. My only "contribution" is that I have (along with a few other wonderful pfers) been experimenting with lubriderm as a conditioner. You can check out my other thread where I documented my ink shrug being lubridermed with step by step pictures...as a reference (search this forum, it's somewhere). :P

Yes, condition first, and let it dry (several hours) and then spray 3 times letting it dry in between, and then finally let it dry overnight. Pay particular attention to the handles that tend to dirty and darken easily (especially if you have a light bag). Please post pictures!!!!

Cool, thanks! Will follow instructions exactly.
Now, check this out: I got brave today and lubed (as in lubriderm) a Botkier bag, a Bbag, and a Coach bag. Let me just say, Lubriderm is amazing!!! The Botkier leather now looks soft & squishy (now that's saying something), and the little marks (you know, the little scratches that happen with glazed calf leather), totally disappeared, and the leather just softened up in the most luscious way! The Bbag looks even more wonderful, and the Coach, well, you can't screw up a Coach (but it looks good). Now, all I have to do is find the AG spray, and I'm set!
Thanks didi78 and All for the great idea!

WOW! bbbagbubba you are pretty hero-like yourself! botkier is now soft?! that's amazing because they are pretty stiff at times. You have inspired me to go through my closet and lub everything!!!!

minicoop said:
I appleguarded my Bulga flap satchel in Hazel and the scratches (streaks) completely disappeared! No lubriderm available here but I am pretty happy with AG!

me too! my bulga looks amazing! (I have the extra large flap bag in pink). btw, i drive a minicoop too! :heart:

didi78 said:
me too! my bulga looks amazing! (I have the extra large flap bag in pink). btw, i drive a minicoop too! :heart:

Lubriderm RULES!!!!
I never thought of this before this thread was started, but especially in dry, hot climates, leather must get dry, just like our skin. Pictures can't really do justice to the improvement to the overall texture and suppleness (is that a word?), especially to the Bbags.

didi78 said:

My only issue with AG is that the lovely leather smell sort of disappeared. Now I have to take a whiff inside to get the leather smell. ( I do that pretty often :shame:smile: But I didn't particularly think that it smelled bad or anything like that.

Would it be too much to ask for a pic of the pink flap bag?? Please? Never seen it. I :love: my Hazel bag so much I got the exact same one in Choco!!! Just received it today!!!

minicoop said:
My only issue with AG is that the lovely leather smell sort of disappeared. Now I have to take a whiff inside to get the leather smell. ( I do that pretty often :shame:smile: But I didn't particularly think that it smelled bad or anything like that.

Would it be too much to ask for a pic of the pink flap bag?? Please? Never seen it. I :love: my Hazel bag so much I got the exact same one in Choco!!! Just received it today!!!

Awww, the leather smell goes away after you apply AG? Hmm...they do sell those new car smell/new leather scented sachet thingies, though. lol

Pupsterpurse said:
Awww, the leather smell goes away after you apply AG? Hmm...they do sell those new car smell/new leather scented sachet thingies, though. lol

LOL!! Hilarious -- had this vision of those old pine tree scented thingies. if I hung one on the bag, and people will think it's a juicy bag, but when they get up close they see it's a sachet or a pine tree!! Lol! :lol:

minicoop said:

Here you go MINICOOP! BULGA is my favorite brand next to Balenciaga. The leather is just as yummy, though I believe it's calf and not goat. It's thicker but just as soft and luscious. I also have the classic Jessica Simpson butterfly drawstring hobo with studs...in a beautiful taupe color. This pink flap is oversized, so I use it as an overnight bag or backpack. AG made it brand new again. :P
pinkbulga.JPG

did78, thanks so much for the pic!!!! I love that bag! I am really, really loving my Bulga bags! I'd better check out if the leather smell is back... And AG is soooo good to them!