Apple Garde Spray on Saffiano Leather?

headmusic

Mar 20, 2010
Hi All, first and foremost, I would like to say that i really learnt a lot from this forum and of coz from PP. Wow! Amazed by the knowledge u ladies have on Prada and ur love for it.

Btw, I am a guy :smile: Recently, i took my first step and bought a VS03050 document case from Rome. I am loving it.

I do have a question, have any of you here actually sprayed the APPLE Garde on the Saffiano leather so as to waterproof it?

I hope to really take care of it and hoping that the rain or stain wont kill it. I searched the forum for many answers but it seems like ppl doesnt use any pro-treatment on the Saffiano Leather?

I usually condition all my new bags with Apple Conditioner on leather parts before i Apple Garde them. I do that to all my Prada too, irregardless nylon, canvas or saffiano leather. Apple Garde work very well just it takes awhile to dry, remember to spray it at well ventilated area incase you get killed by their toxic fume, wash your hand thoroughly after use. Even your hands get waterproof after it dries on your hand that why you need to wash thoroughly... haha :roflmfao:

I usually condition all my new bags with Apple Conditioner on leather parts before i Apple Garde them. I do that to all my Prada too, irregardless nylon, canvas or saffiano leather. Apple Garde work very well just it takes awhile to dry, remember to spray it at well ventilated area incase you get killed by their toxic fume, wash your hand thoroughly after use. Even your hands get waterproof after it dries on your hand that why you need to wash thoroughly... haha :roflmfao:

HAHA! You're here! :biggrin: I just bought the apple set too and conditioned some of my bags, now with your advice here, I'm going to apple garde them. You've tried it on your B bags too?

wow! thanks so much for the advice! All rightly, i am so going to get the conditioner :smile:

Btw, just to share, i had great service from Prada. I asked someone to get this bag from Rome as it is so much cheaper as compared to Singapore, where I am staying. The first bag i gotten it came to me in a rather poor condition where the leather lining at the zipper had creases. And it was about 6 cm long.

I was quite upset due to the quality. And i emailed Prada at Milan and told them about the condition. I didnt know that the Service is international until I was told. So i went to the store and initially, was told that I had to sent my bag for repair and it will take 3mths. I was still quite sad. The worse was i was told that if that is the characteristic of the Saffiano leather, i had to live with it if it cannot be repaired.

I decided to phone Prada Singapore about it and what really sets my heart at ease was they promised a Prada solution.

Soon, i decided to go down to Prada (there are 2 stores here, I swear by the one in Paragon, not ION) and spoke to the SA. Then, soon, i was told that they will do a one to one exchange even though the 7 days exchange policy is over.

I am glad. I notice that the finishing and touches cannot compare to the one from ROME but still, I am glad they honor their product quality.

Btw, i notice that there is a slight difference in the stitching on the zipper. The one from ROME had complete stitches forming a rectangle while the one that I exchanged for only forms a C-shape. So i think even though both bags are the same model but due to different Artisan, it could be slight different?

WOW! Really glad that you got such good customer service over in prada singapore.

I should think each bag will be diff as they are handmade?

btw, do many ppl in sg carry prada?

wow! thanks so much for the advice! All rightly, i am so going to get the conditioner :smile:

Btw, just to share, i had great service from Prada. I asked someone to get this bag from Rome as it is so much cheaper as compared to Singapore, where I am staying. The first bag i gotten it came to me in a rather poor condition where the leather lining at the zipper had creases. And it was about 6 cm long.

I was quite upset due to the quality. And i emailed Prada at Milan and told them about the condition. I didnt know that the Service is international until I was told. So i went to the store and initially, was told that I had to sent my bag for repair and it will take 3mths. I was still quite sad. The worse was i was told that if that is the characteristic of the Saffiano leather, i had to live with it if it cannot be repaired.

I decided to phone Prada Singapore about it and what really sets my heart at ease was they promised a Prada solution.

Soon, i decided to go down to Prada (there are 2 stores here, I swear by the one in Paragon, not ION) and spoke to the SA. Then, soon, i was told that they will do a one to one exchange even though the 7 days exchange policy is over.

I am glad. I notice that the finishing and touches cannot compare to the one from ROME but still, I am glad they honor their product quality.

Btw, i notice that there is a slight difference in the stitching on the zipper. The one from ROME had complete stitches forming a rectangle while the one that I exchanged for only forms a C-shape. So i think even though both bags are the same model but due to different Artisan, it could be slight different?

Personally I would not put anything on Saffiano because it is already glazed/treated. I have spilled water, coffee whatever on Saffiano and never a spot or stain and that's without treating it.

WOW! Really glad that you got such good customer service over in prada singapore.

I should think each bag will be diff as they are handmade?

btw, do many ppl in sg carry prada?

Yes. Ppl do carry Prada but a lot more ppl carry LV. So in the streets u see a lot of ladies from twenties to older carry LV.

I suppose i preferred Prada over LV as i think it's really very simple yet elegant and not too loud. And like most of u ladies here, i fell in love with the bag at my very first sight. Holding it and the overall design captures me away.

HAHA! You're here! :biggrin: I just bought the apple set too and conditioned some of my bags, now with your advice here, I'm going to apple garde them. You've tried it on your B bags too?

Hi Dear,

Congrats on your new Prada bag, i got a New Prada Bag from this S/S 2010 Collection with an accessory from past collection, will post later.

I used it on my B Bags too but it take longer time to dry, before it dries it look as if the leather darken however when its dry, everything looks fine. Apple Garde work wonders on my LV bags, i spray them on Canvas items too, I makes my Canvas bags look forever new compare to those i never treat them. Even those LV limited edition bags i also use Apple Garde on them irregardless canvas, fabric, leather or kangaroo skin. I used it on my shoes & sandals too.

Only Patented Leather, Exotics like snakeskin or fur you cannot use Apple Garde. For Patented Leather i use Woly Patent Mousse, germany product, it's colorless, cleans & protect all Patented Leathers.

Only Apple Cleaner, i don't use much as i find it too harsh on leather, I notice Apple Conditioner can remove light marks too. Apple Garde abit too pricey to use on all bags as a can can only treat 2-3 bags.

For medium pricing, 2nd tier designer goods, i use Coxy Super Protector, germany product, dry fast, water & stain repellents, protects all for textiles, leathers & suede.

LMB i have not use before, it is very expensive & small in size, i got a huge collections...haha :graucho: Getting a set can almost buy a normal designer bag. Usage also seem abit of hassle need to use hair dryer in between coat. I comptemplating getting a set but not sure when i will do it, i am interested in For Handle Only, i hear it can prevent darking & warming of handle, but if i Apple Garde the handle, i think it will do the trick too.

I just conditioned all my leather bags (including the Ps and the Bs) with the apple conditioner. I let them dry for a couple hours, then sprayed them with apple garde. I think I finished one can already! :P

They all look really good except with some slight smell of the garde. SHould go away in a while right?

Hi Dear,

Congrats on your new Prada bag, i got a New Prada Bag from this S/S 2010 Collection with an accessory from past collection, will post later.

I used it on my B Bags too but it take longer time to dry, before it dries it look as if the leather darken however when its dry, everything looks fine. Apple Garde work wonders on my LV bags, i spray them on Canvas items too, I makes my Canvas bags look forever new compare to those i never treat them. Even those LV limited edition bags i also use Apple Garde on them irregardless canvas, fabric, leather or kangaroo skin. I used it on my shoes & sandals too.

Only Patented Leather, Exotics like snakeskin or fur you cannot use Apple Garde. For Patented Leather i use Woly Patent Mousse, germany product, it's colorless, cleans & protect all Patented Leathers.

Only Apple Cleaner, i don't use much as i find it too harsh on leather, I notice Apple Conditioner can remove light marks too. Apple Garde abit too pricey to use on all bags as a can can only treat 2-3 bags.

For medium pricing, 2nd tier designer goods, i use Coxy Super Protector, germany product, dry fast, water & stain repellents, protects all for textiles, leathers & suede.

LMB i have not use before, it is very expensive & small in size, i got a huge collections...haha :graucho: Getting a set can almost buy a normal designer bag. Usage also seem abit of hassle need to use hair dryer in between coat. I comptemplating getting a set but not sure when i will do it, i am interested in For Handle Only, i hear it can prevent darking & warming of handle, but if i Apple Garde the handle, i think it will do the trick too.

Hi Designer_Homme,

Do you mean you spray the Apple Garde directly onto the nylon parts too? Won't it stain the nylon since it's a little greasy? I was afraid so I shrink-wrapped the entire bag except the leather parts before I sprayed Apple Garde on it! And it was such a chore. :Push:

Hi Designer_Homme,

Do you mean you spray the Apple Garde directly onto the nylon parts too? Won't it stain the nylon since it's a little greasy? I was afraid so I shrink-wrapped the entire bag except the leather parts before I sprayed Apple Garde on it! And it was such a chore. :Push:

Dear dalki,

Yes, spray it directly onto all parts including nylon material, hang & let it air-dry for 24 hrs, do not touch after you spray it. It will look greasy & oily before it dries however after it is dry, it is ok. You can pour a can of coke on it, you can wipe it off with any stain. For Prada Tessuto Nylon bag it work even better, Apple Garde will impregnate the fabric make it resistant to liquid & stain, treated fabric after drying has a silky feel. You can feel the difference between treated Tessuto & untreated Tessuto. Apple Garde make it look Forever New.

Dear dalki,

Yes, spray it directly onto all parts including nylon material, hang & let it air-dry for 24 hrs, do not touch after you spray it. It will look greasy & oily before it dries however after it is dry, it is ok. You can pour a can of coke on it, you can wipe it off with any stain. For Prada Tessuto Nylon bag it work even better, Apple Garde will impregnate the fabric make it resistant to liquid & stain, treated fabric after drying has a silky feel. You can feel the difference between treated Tessuto & untreated Tessuto. Apple Garde make it look Forever New.

Thanks for the tip Designer_Homme! I should try that out on my next Tessuto bag. :biggrin: