Apple Garde and Conditioner - good price

pruetjx

May 6, 2014
FYI
In case you are looking for them, I found Apple leather products here: http://shoestuff.com/?s=apple&post_type=product

$6.00 for the conditioner and $6.30 for the garde, and they have flat rate shipping of $6.75 for all orders to US. For me, this was a better deal than the Amazon price.

They sell the conditioner by the gallon too! I guess in case you have a LOT of bags! :graucho: They also have the Lexol products that I read about on the rehab thread. Hope it helps!

not affiliated with them!

FYI
In case you are looking for them, I found Apple leather products here: http://shoestuff.com/?s=apple&post_type=product

$6.00 for the conditioner and $6.30 for the garde, and they have flat rate shipping of $6.75 for all orders to US. For me, this was a better deal than the Amazon price.

They sell the conditioner by the gallon too! I guess in case you have a LOT of bags! :graucho: They also have the Lexol products that I read about on the rehab thread. Hope it helps!

Wow that IS a good deal! I bought the spray a while back but have never bought the conditioner. Wonder how it compares to the Coach brand conditioner, which is what I've been using?

I use the Apple conditioner on all my leather bags, regardless of the brand. It works really well. I would definitely recommend giving it a try (especially at that price!).

Wow that IS a good deal! I bought the spray a while back but have never bought the conditioner. Wonder how it compares to the Coach brand conditioner, which is what I've been using?

The experts here on TPF rehab thread say NOT to use the coach conditioner because it has… I don't remember - wax or silicone or something in it that can clog the pores of the leather. They recommend conditioning with this Apple conditioner and using Apple garde to protect from water spots, etc. in the rain.

here's a link to some of the discussion: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-clubhouse/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club-624452-364.html

I think you can use both of these on any bag or even to spray your shoes to protect them.

FYI

Thanks for posting this, I just ordered 2 cans of the rain garde spray!

FYI

Thanks so much for posting! Yes, I thought Amazon pricing seemed high.

The experts here on TPF rehab thread say NOT to use the coach conditioner because it has… I don't remember - wax or silicone or something in it that can clog the pores of the leather. They recommend conditioning with this Apple conditioner and using Apple garde to protect from water spots, etc. in the rain.

here's a link to some of the discussion: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-clubhouse/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club-624452-364.html

I think you can use both of these on any bag or even to spray your shoes to protect them.
I remember reading something about the Coach conditioner having silicone in it. I think they've reformulated it (at least the SA in one of my local boutiques said they had but who knows!). I'll order some Apple while it's on sale though!

I remember reading something about the Coach conditioner having silicone in it. I think they've reformulated it (at least the SA in one of my local boutiques said they had but who knows!). I'll order some Apple while it's on sale though!

I read somewhere on here that Coach reformulated their conditioner and took out the 'bad stuff' that was in it.

FYI

Thanks for posting! I had been buying from leatherstuff.com but shoestuff was cheaper, so I stocked up! Hopefully spraying the you know what out of my vermillion borough will prevent the corner color loss!

I'm still looking for a place to get them at a reasonable price in Canada.
I just ordered a bottle of 8 oz conditioner and a bottle of garde on Amazon.

Conditioner 8 oz: $3.19
Garde 5.5 oz: $4.91
Shipping: $24.97

So... $33.07 in total
And that's the cheapest I could find online...

Is it ok to put Apple conditioner on a bag that you previously conditioned with Coach conditioner? I'd imagine it would be fine but wanted to ask if anyone thought it wouldn't be a good idea. The Coach conditioner I used is the most recent (supposedly reformulated) version.

Thanks for posting! I had been buying from leatherstuff.com but shoestuff was cheaper, so I stocked up! Hopefully spraying the you know what out of my vermillion borough will prevent the corner color loss!
So you sprayed it with the Apple Garde? I am worried about that too. I want to install feet but need someone to help me as hubby doesn't want to be responsible! Ugh! Mom will help but she isn't local so I have to wait for vacation. How did it go? I have some Apple so if it works I want to do it because every day I see the color rubbed off on them.

Last edited:
So you sprayed it with the Apple Garde? I am worried about that too. I want to install feet but need someone to help me as hubby doesn't want to be responsible! Ugh! Mom will help but she isn't local so I have to wait for vacation. How did it go? I have some Apple so if it works I want to do it because every day I see the color rubbed off on them.

I sprayed my mini striped borough with the apple guarde and it seemed to work well although I never really set the bag down at all and was wearing white jeans so little chance of color transfer, but now I'm out of the spray and I'm waiting for my order to ship... I ordered Sunday but haven't seen any shipment confirmations come through yet, so hopefully it will ship and arrive soon! I don't want to use it until I spray it! Ill let you know how it goes!