Apple Conditioner on Madison Hailey???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All!

This is my first post and I'm so excited to be here! :yahoo: I just ordered my first Coach purse. I decided on the Madison Hailey in black leather. I was wondering how to clean it. The SA on the phone said only a damp cloth and nothing else. Do any of you have this purse and use the Apple Conditioner?? Does it help keep it from scratching? I have been reading that some of you have had problems with the easy scuffing/scratching of this purse.
Thanks so much for your advice!!!

ParatrooperWife

WELCOME to TpF ParatrooperWIFE!!!

Although I don't own the Madison Hailey I do own the Madison Julianne in blk leather which I believe is the exact same leather and I have conditioned it with Apple!!! I also conditioned my grey leather Julianne and my grey leather Sabrina all of which are the same TYPE of leather.

I'd feel 99.9% confident telling you to go right ahead and use the Apple, but do hold off and wait for someone to weigh in that has used the Apple on Hailey!!

I think you will be just fine.

Good to have ya, and make sure and post pic's when your bag get's here!!!

I owned the Julianne and the satchel and used Apple on both. It worked beautifully. Apple does not contain the oil that the Coach conditioner has and is why Coach SAs tell you not to use conditioner (they are basing this I think because of results from using Coach conditioner). Apple conditioner can even be used on the most delicate exotic leathers as well as nude, vachetta leather and you cannot get any more delicate than exotic leather IMO. If you feel nervous about it, try very small area and wait and see the results instead of doing the entire bag at start, this will then put you mind at ease.

Hello All!

This is my first post and I'm so excited to be here! :yahoo: I just ordered my first Coach purse. I decided on the Madison Hailey in black leather. I was wondering how to clean it. The SA on the phone said only a damp cloth and nothing else. Do any of you have this purse and use the Apple Conditioner?? Does it help keep it from scratching? I have been reading that some of you have had problems with the easy scuffing/scratching of this purse.
Thanks so much for your advice!!!

ParatrooperWife

Just guessing, but she was probably referring to cleaning rather than conditioning the bag. Two different things entirely, and I would agree, just a damp cloth to clean.
Apple conditioner will clean some spots off just because it's a liquid, kwim? There's several Apple products besides the conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.